- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 16 Aug 2013 1:09 am
7 × in wishlist
229 × member ratings
319 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kavalan King Car Whisky
24 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.71 points
- Not bad whisky, but my weakest Kavalan after the NAS.
Punch, honey, caramel, sherry, raisin and dark fruits. Spicy oak.
Sour cherry, vanilla, bitter almond, herbals and anise. Spicy oak.
Medium length, spicy, sour.
- good stuff, I really like this kind of profile now and then. very fresh, clean. and the price is ok.
after the very good "sherry oak" yesterday I´m quite curious about this one.
intensive fruitiness on mature tropical fruits.
pineapple, overripe bananas, mandarins, quince.
really only a hint of nail polish remover which even adds some freshness. I like it very much although it lacks a bit of depth
very good , more or less same feeling as on the nose, very juicy and mouthwatering, ideal summer´s whisky. the wish for a bit more depth and length also remains on the palate.
a bit short, after a substantial arrival it falls down relatively quick. but it´s very clean
- Warm weather rapid ageing has allowed this whisky to develop and integrate some interesting tropical flavours and depth, but its youth is still fairly obvious. The usually spot on ABV of 46% feels pretty boozy here, and whilst a dash of water reduces the hostility, it also detracts away from the expansive fruit flavours. Perhaps I just didn't find the precise number of drops to add?!
Full tasting notes: https://www.thedramble.com/tastings/king-car/king-car-conductor/
- [November, 2014] I had this dram during a "world whiskies" tasting at Bonn.
In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 82,5. My notes state a shy nose and a slightly drying (tannins) taste with some sherry flavours.
- Nose:- Lightly heated, rich honey and dark fruits. Creamy and soft caramel. It is like smelling on a delicious dessert. Palate:- Intensely sweet, touch of sour fruits and creamy, like vanilla
ice cream with berries topping. Well mouth coating. Seductive. Finish:- Vanilla carried on till the end, smooth and short-medium
length. One dimension and direct, but this is really delicious.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.