- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Flora & Fauna
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 06 Nov 2008 2:23 pm
61 × in wishlist
12 × member ratings
50 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Speyburn 12-year-old
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.30 points
- Some stupid twat paid over £1600 for this bottle.
- I think I'll buy another bottle spontaneously. :-)
The colleague is very similar to the old 10 standard bottlings. But it also shows significantly more wood influence.
Bright, shiny gold
Starts with a little wax, green bananas and a spark of smoke. A fresh pinch blows through the glass. Also has something of a damp meadow. There is some artificial vanilla behind it.
With a little time in the glass, apple, pear, a little dry wood and a light berry aroma will come through.
The empty glass smells fresh, flowery with candle wax and that spark of smoke again.
Spicy start. But somehow also a bit thin. Pepper and ginger mix. Still slightly oily and that spark of smoke again. The pear now looks like a compote. With a little clove and vanilla. Has some hints of tiramisu. Because of espresso cream, soaked spoon bisquit and cocoa powder.
Medium length. Spicy - creamy. Almost buttery. Juniper and Chocolate Cream. In addition, this accompanying, dry, fine smoky note.
- That`s a bit harsh Drunkenhearted. There must be a few more t**ts about as one sold for £1800 at the weekend, oh and that wasn`t boxed either. Each to their own.
- Even 50€/£/$ for a bottle of liquer seems stupid to most of the worlds population :(
- Eyes: Orange and gold smell. Nose: Cream cake, fermented sour taste, tamarind, jujube cake, fruit vinegar. Palate: more sour, green orange, syrup, wood, lemon slice. Finish: sour, hawthorn cake, wood , Bitter body Body: medium light, a little fat
- Arguably the rarest of the Flora & Fauna range:
Flowery,aromatic, malty, with a touch of smoke.
Sweet with a hint of toffee, oaky tones, heathery notes,herbal.
Fresh,very sweet, lightly syrupy, fruity aftertaste.
- How much is one of these worth?