- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 30 years old
- 45.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 08 Aug 2013 1:34 pm
94 × in wishlist
227 × member ratings
367 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Highland Park 30-year-old
39 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.46 points
- Those guys giving notes under 85, or even 80/100 without saying a word about this whisky... what's wrong with you? Did you juste taste it? Or are you juste giving bad notes with the stupid hope that if you're doing this the price will decrease? Taste it, like it or not and explain yourself... If the price is too high (and i could understand it) and if that's the only reason for giving bad notes... Just go away and drink something else! We don't need notes from people who did'nt taste a whisky and give bad notes for stupid reasons...
- Conclusion and pictures on: https://tomtrinkt.de
Already at the first breath above the rim of the glass, Highland Park, which has been maturing for over three decades, shows its overwhelming diversity of facets. Immediately it becomes apparent that one can dissect the malt for a very long time and will win new aromas associations little by little. Rarely has a malt evoked so much enthusiasm and fascination with me so quickly. Juicy oranges, overripe, red apples, walnuts, burnt almond slivers, marzipan, gentle sherry notes, a little heather and dark honey determine my first impressions. Various herbs, plums, nutmeg, dark chocolate, wonderful tobacco notes with a very light smoke and elegant woody notes that remind a little of cedar, complete the nose to a timeless masterpiece. So dense, so intense, so interwoven, so multifaceted - so incredibly good!
The masterful nose is tasted even better. Silky soft, creamy and incredibly elegant, the gustatory journey begins. Time stops feeling, enjoyment reaches almost new dimensions. The intensity and interweaving remains at a very high level. The alcohol content of 45.7% is perfect. A few peppercorns prance on the tip of the tongue for a very short time before the dark, spicy-sweet aromas fully unfold. Juicy oranges, heather, light floral notes, dark chocolate and many fruits such as cherries, blueberries, dark honey, dates and figs are present. Brown cane sugar, a touch of tropical fruits (mango, passion fruit), oriental spices and many different herbs are mixed with the finest tobacco notes, walnuts, almonds, leather, a hint of smoke and elegant oak notes. For the final touch fine roasted aromas with a dash of espresso. Gorgeous!
Very long, slightly sweet, very spicy and pleasantly warm. Incredibly multi-faceted spice and wood notes carry the very long finish. Gentle espresso notes flash with delicate sherry notes, red fruits, juicy oranges and walnuts. Fine tobacco notes, heather, black tea, leather, dark chocolate and light smoke (now a little reminiscent of cigar smoke) provide the icing on the cake. On the palate remains a slight dryness and minimal bitterness. Great!
- This is a combination that excites me. Insanely intense, deep flavors that all go together wonderfully, like a symphony that you discover piece by piece. A nose to melt away, but the taste is even better. In any case, by far the best HP, which I have drunk so far - and probably from now one of my favorite drops. (With emphasis on "drops", because I can not afford more of that.)
A huge, complex nose - a large box of fresh juicy sweet oranges is filling the evening sun, heather, fine honey, fennel and thyme, rosemary, fragrant summer hay, still warm marzipan croissants dipped in dark chocolate sauce, a hint of mint and cotton candy lies in the Air ... and leather, fine, old leather ... I could smell it forever!
Instantly a veritable explosion of juicy sweet oranges in thick dark chocolate sauce, strawberries, passion fruit and sweet aromatic blueberries emerge from the orange-chocolate sea, dark honey, ginger, white pepper, a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg, fennel, licorice, brown candy , freshly cracked hazelnuts, the marzipan croissant is back and washed away by a soft espresso wave ... a touch of apple vinegar comes to the surface, now the Provencal herbs and ... an oxtail soup with figs in rosemary simmer on a smoldering fire of herbs and pinewood. Next to it is the creaking leather chair and smells what it lasts. This malt is very complex and does not reveal all its flavors all at once. Very complex, very yummy, slightly smoky, warm, oily and incredibly intense. At the moment of swallowing, a wonderful spicy oriental spice fire blazes on the palate.
The highland park-typical sweet herbs, licorice, a slight reminiscent of apple cider vinegar and oxtail soup - and a lot of orange, espresso and actually black tea provide a sweet-sour-minimal-bitter finish and stay long on the palate ... and also a very pleasant trace of smoke and leather. And then at the very end fresh Arab mint tea ...
- Read my review here
- From The Whisky Wash:
Appearance: Burnished amber with copper highlights.
Nose: Dried honeycomb, cedar, fresh flaxseed, dark chocolate, open meadows in springtime.
Palate: Initial presence of oak rises into a crescendo of milk chocolate, honeysuckle, and campfire-toasted marshmallow. Waves of sweet scintillations radiate from the center of the mouth outwards, along with hints of oak. Ultimately, these glowing scintillations of flavor come to rest gently on the tip of the tongue.
Expect a surprisingly long finish given the whisky’s delicate silky-smooth mouth feel. At the death, one is left with hints of oak, as well as marshmallow nougat.
- Aged in mostly first-fill Spanish and American oak sherry casks as well as refill casks, Highland Park 30 utilizes the distillery’s traditional 20% peated / 80% unpeated spirit.
Some heathery Orkney smoke, sweet, floral notes, sour fruits (unripe mangos, peches, pineapple), lime zeste, marzipan, cherries, plum jam, toffee, tobacco, chocolate
Sweet, sherry, oily, creamy, dark fruits, spicy (nutmeg, cinnamon, pepper, ginger), cherries, toffee, figs, chocolate, oranges
Long, smoky, seasalt, sweet, spicy (nutmeg, ginger), oaky, brown sugar, citrus
- woow! the best i ever had so amazing! tryed frut,peat,smoke. og you have the monny but it. i whas lucky enoth to try it at the distillery