- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Discovery Series
- Calculated age
- 11 years old
- Sauternes Hogsheads
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Added on
- 08 Aug 2013 10:18 pm
13 × in wishlist
113 × member ratings
232 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ballechin Batch 8
20 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.95 points
- A wounderfull balanced peaty whisky. The sauterness finish complement the Ballechin.
- Nose: strong peat, wine notes, slightly maritime, almost smoked fish. Mouth: strong, sweet, tart, but still young notes, which could also be the wine finish.
Finish: nice smoky sweet, some oak. Delicious. Conclusion: a smoker to my liking.
- Ralfy review 416: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2GAc71ms-s (87/100).
- With a little bit of water, the fruit comes to the fore in all aspects.
Campfire, orange, ginger, cloves, vanilla, plaster, cut grass, blueberries, cherries and grapes.
Turf foil, burnt wood, medicinal, vanilla, white grapes, green apples, nuts, hint of sour cherries.
Medium-long, campfire, oak, hints of honey, nuts, blueberries, cherries.
- So far I have been able to try batches 6, 7 and 8. All three are outstanding.