- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Discovery Series
- Sauternes Hogsheads
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Added on
- 08 Aug 2013 10:18 pm
16 × in wishlist
105 × member ratings
217 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ballechin Batch 8
18 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.72 points
- A wounderfull balanced peaty whisky. The sauterness finish complement the Ballechin.
- Nose: strong peat, wine notes, slightly maritime, almost smoked fish. Mouth: strong, sweet, tart, but still young notes, which could also be the wine finish.
Finish: nice smoky sweet, some oak. Delicious. Conclusion: a smoker to my liking.
- Ralfy review 416: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2GAc71ms-s (87/100).
- With a little bit of water, the fruit comes to the fore in all aspects.
Campfire, orange, ginger, cloves, vanilla, plaster, cut grass, blueberries, cherries and grapes.
Turf foil, burnt wood, medicinal, vanilla, white grapes, green apples, nuts, hint of sour cherries.
Medium-long, campfire, oak, hints of honey, nuts, blueberries, cherries.
- So far I have been able to try batches 6, 7 and 8. All three are outstanding.
- a fine whisky with smoke and spices. the sauternes influence is perfect. I really enjoyed this fruity and fresh tastes. well balanced!
- Maybe I'm not in a good mood today, but the nose is awesome, it's a Chameleon in the mouth, the nose is just beginning to reappear, the ashen smoke is clear, but the fruit is almost gone. It remains an indefinable aroma block, which you do not get divergent. Some spices and a touch of cherries, but the rest undefinable. Drops from the nose to the finish, but a good and interesting whisky.
As part of a blind tasting tasted
there are tingles in the nose, oily, cherries, some smoke with clutch abrasion, blackberries, raspberries, black currant, the whole program, very fruity and also a bit earthy
strong start, warms immediately, a bit woody, the ashy dry smoke is subliminal immediately there. Some herbs are there, but the fruit from the nose is somehow almost completely missing, a few hints of cherry are to be found, but otherwise it is somehow a flavor block that you do not get apart. In addition, an earthy modrige note
the ashen smoke is present for a long time, some bitterness from the oak too and this aroma block swings