- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Scottish Barley
- Stated Age
- 05 years old
- American Oak Casks
- Number of bottles
- 57.0 % Vol.
- 200 ml 700 ml
- Bottle code
- F/132629 14/221
- Added on
- 29 Jul 2013 2:17 pm
66 × in wishlist
745 × member ratings
2873 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Octomore Edition 06.1 / 167
104 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.55 points
- Strong sweet peat with some light pear, vanilla, charcoal and ash in both the noise and palate. The finish in medium-long with some smoky lemongrass. Not complicated, just a great dram with impact.
- I decided not to add water, I know a lot of people do, but It hit the spot for me completely straight, so why mess with it. I thought it was fantastic, a must for the peat lovers.
- This tasted like I imagined it would and I absolutely loved it.
Smells like Hell, but in a good way, Burnt and charred wood, cooked sea whelks, white pepper, uncooked pork sausage, a mossy fresh water stream and a winters morning on a beach at low tide.
Just straight, nothing added, pretty intense as you can imagine, but that is how I like it, you can really taste the barley. Thick black liquorice stick, full bodied, TCP, Fisherman's friend and Victory V cough sweets,but there is nothing to overpowering.
A very long fiery finish that burns long into the night.
- Tasted on 08-08-2020 in Straberg.
- Excellent smoky malt, wonderfully complex and balanced despite just 5 years of ripening.
Smoky maritime, citrus fruits and herbs. At the beginning the smoke is rather reserved, unless you stick your nose deep into the glass and take a deep breath. Lovely!
First of all, there is a concentrated load of smoke in the mouth, yet it is soft, sweet with fruits and malt, very powerful and tasty
very very long, smoky and spicy, later becoming bitter.
- The smoke is great, but overall too few facets. A little less smoke and a little more other flavors I would find awesome.
sweet smoke; bright fruit; Vanilla; in the background a light citrus note; light mint; sea air
Smoke; sweet; Vanilla; maritime; citrus; Campfire; Phenol; Good smoky
Dry smoke; extinct campfire; Vanilla; Malt, after some time comes a full, roasted hazelnut note.