- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Cadenhead (CA)
- Bottling serie
- Small Batch
- Stated Age
- 17 years old
- Ex-Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 57.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 26 Jul 2013 3:26 pm
3 × in wishlist
71 × member ratings
87 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Clynelish 1995 CA
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.28 points
- This Whisky was sold for 126 € at Whiskyauction in Dec. 2014
- WhiskyAuction.com May, 1st. 2021: maxbid: €172
Nice smoke, very guilty
- Nose wax, nuts, candied orange. The mouth confirms the aromas of the nose with bitterness and more. Long finish, powerful, salty and bitter. Atypical but not my profile, the mouth is less greedy than the nose.
- Nice but not my favorite Clynelish
Quite cloudy, fruity, sulfur
Concentrated, powerful, vaporous
average on licorice
- Tasting Notes from Mark Watt (WM Cadenhead):
Toffee, dry sherry, dried oranges, soya sauce, plums and quite meaty. Rich sherry, blackcurrants, light cayene pepper and poached pears. Very chewy. Red fruits, marzipan, soft soot and quite oily.
- A strange Clynelish, showing no distillery character at all.
Sweet chestnuts and sherry at first nosing with hints of sulphur. Quite indefinite and changing a lot. Caramel pudding, toffee, cherry jam, molasses … just to mention a few aromas. Pleasant but far from being excellent.
Powerful with a strange taste. Starts oily sweet, then getting dryer with notes of chestnuts, bark mulch, toffee, liquorice and leather. Indefinite again, as already suggested by the nose.
Medium long on notes of bark mulch, leaving a dry and velvety feeling on the tongue behind. Strong unsweetened tea.
- Superb Clynelish, with a terribly pleasant nose. Very balanced, the sherry side knows how to be discreet but brings all its fruitiness to the dram. Everything is finesse, basta the demonstrative, long live the subtlety. I love this whisky, nothing to say. Everything is there, the spices, the fruit, the sap, the wax (although discreet compared to the usual profile) of the mineral / saline and a little touch of sexy farmhouse ... Pleasant, fun, drinkable. Over the top.
- Quite dirty nose (definitely not a nosing-whisky), but the excellent and typical taste compensates.