- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Whiskykanzler (Wk)
- Stated Age
- 20 years old
- Bourbon / Sherry Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 49.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 01 Jul 2013 7:41 pm
8 × in wishlist
52 × member ratings
38 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 1992 Wk
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.34 points
- Good but lacks the wow-factor of its younger siblings. Casks seem to have been rather depleted. You pay more for the Springbank name than quality with this one.
- There's clearly a big error in this one. And still I don't dislike it, even though I can imagine that some do.
Cheese. Hamka's even. Papaya and litchi.
Dried apricot peeking through the cheese now. Furthermore tangerine and mango.
Dried apricot, mango and pineapple.
- Apart from the lack of flavor, this bottling seems very unfinished for almost 21 years. Since I can imagine much nicer jumpers.
The nose takes a lot of time and has a pretty bad mark right from the beginning: Sorry, but I have to write it, this filling smells like horse dung. Over time, the aroma will be much better with traces of grape chocolate, gooseberry and coffee grounds.
The taste combines exactly what you could expect. Raisins and chili chocolate with a lot of smoke for Springbank.
The finish is pleasantly long with a hint of pepper.
- More peated than regular springbank profile for me . I more consider this could be a Longrow. I dont smel or taste any sulfury unpleasant notes
- I'm very sorry to write this:
after opened the bottle the false note sulphur increased steadily -
what a pity!
Therefore a new review ...
- I sincerely hope, my impressions will change for the next tasting.
Last time it nearly had nothing to offer.