20 × in wishlist
111 × member ratings
442 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kilchoman 100% Islay
27 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.37 points
- Interesting expression. The modestly peated malt gives the impression of a more mature malt, and definitely helps the overall balance. Piney smokiness, dry malty notes and crisp american oak maturation.
- Smoke but with red fruits. It's for the acid side.
Finish : explosion of the smoke and disappear to a soft smoke
- A little more mature than its predecessor, beautifully harmonious
- The nose is the best and individual part, taste and finish are thin. But in sum it's pleasant.
Floral. Citruses, camphor, cut grass, herbals, exotic fruits and peat.
Creamy. Tropical fruits, peat, salted caramel, spicy oak and vanilla.
Medium length, fruity, smoky.
- This has opened up my interest for Kilchoman
Smoky, peaty, tar, sweet floral notes, notes of tropical fruits,
Peaty, smoky, mouth watering, creamy,
Long aftertaste, creamy and oily
- the nose was far better than the rest but finally this is very young and anything but boring
very smoky, tarry, sooty with a herbal influence. sweet grapefruit (I know...), some mango and passion fruits. somewhere between laphroaig and bowmore. very fresh, I like that nose a lot!
briny and not as smoky as the nose suggests. medium sweet with a slightly sharp attack.
it´s a pity that the tropical fruits do not show on the palate.
medium to long, medium sweet,