Blanton's Single Barrel

Strength
28 Jun 2013 4:45 pm
UncoloredChillfilteredSingle Cask Whisky

Whisky Reviews for Blanton's Single Barrel

4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.29 points

1. Armin Fuchs did not rate this whisky Expert Senior

… for me the same as FineSpirits_butler1.

This kind of 'perfumed' vanilla I cannot tolerate - I would say: obtrusively …

Sorry ...

2. FineSpirits_butler1 did not rate this whisky Expert Senior

Bought this to try a quality Bourbon (not knowing anything about this subject) - not sure if this is but it definitely was nothing for me.

Bourbon is just not my kind of dram - maybe someday I get my hands on something surprisingly different.

So no rating from me.

3. WhiskyLovingPianist did not rate this whisky Connoisseur

N: Im trying this after an Eagle Rare 17. They are not dissimilar as both have those classic bourbon traits. What Blanton's displays over ER17 is balance - between the fruits and the caramel sweetness with a peppery, very gristy nuttiness.  That grist, floury - almond flour to be more exact. The flavours are concise and well balanced.
    T: Potent delivery with wood spice but without any need for water. Massive fruits with a sour medicinal edge to provide a counter. The caramel is never far away although understated in comparison with the fruits. Theres a herbal sour freshness too
    F: Long and lingering, more fruit sweetness injecting through all the time. Aside from the charming salivating nature of this dram, theres little development from the palate. Cough fruit sweets and chocolate to end proceedings.
    C: A fine honest balanced easy drinking bourbon but nothing too memorable and a tad boring. I recommend trying some of the Silver [white oak] batches instead.

Scores a B-

4. Angelos scored this whisky 88 points Expert Senior

Fantastic! This is the first time I really could find parallels with a rum. Even a rum I really appreciate!
      When I smelled this one here for the first time, I exactly knew that I have smelled this before in a rum! But I needed some time to identify. The nose here is very similar to the Plantation Barbados Rum. I do get the ripe apricots and the vanilla note. Toasted toast, some cinnamon, covered by the overwhelming and dominant sweetness!
    • Taste
      The initial taste of this one here is also comparable with the Plantation Barbados Rum. But soon you become aware that this is whiskey and no rum! Overwhelming sweetness again, wood spice, forest honey and clove.
      The finish is medium! All the fantastic stuff you recognized before vanishes. Only oak remains.