- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Limited Edition
- Vatting of 27 Arran Casks
- Number of bottles
- 53.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Bottle code
- L 01 07 13 3 10:27 BB
- Added on
- 14 Jun 2013 3:19 pm
59 × in wishlist
240 × member ratings
1057 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Arran The Devil's Punch Bowl 2
27 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.09 points
- Give away a lot of potential. The nose is fantastic with tropical fruits, lemon, marzipan, light sherry and pleasant spicy oak. In the taste and Angang but then young, alcoholic and "bad" oak. The nice things like the fruit compote, sweet sherry and some herbs are still there but the negative notes can not be hidden.
- Intresting delicious Arran.
Dried fruits, honey, banana, raisin, cocoa, marzipan, citruses, grass, tobacco and grain.
Powerful and oily. Sherry, bitter chocolate, vanilla, raisin, green apple, papaya, citruses, tobacco, ginger and nutmeg. Touch of smoke.
Long, spicy, bittersweet.
- Very interesting, exotic-looking blend, great craft behind it!
Great mocha nose, moist tobacco, pine forest, thyme, dried fruit discreetly behind, dates
Mouthwash, vanilla, nuts, exotic fruits, papaya, some malt, oak, earthy, great cocoa
Caramel, earthy-oak, malt, cocoa powder, medium-long
- The nose is a lot more expressive and engaging than the actual taste. But still a nice dram.
Some cacao, honey, cookie dough, raisins. Some hints of good quality tobacco. Pleasant.
Some cacao bitters (lovely), dates, tobacco and some smoke. It’s a really sherried whisky this one.
Honey, that bitter cacao note and bitter oranges.
- A well-designed, complex and multifaceted dram. Not easy to apprehend, it is nonetheless pleasant to drink. Too bad it misses a little surprise!
Alcoholic and malty ... Seems to need to open a few minutes. Fresh mint, lemon, meringue. A zest of orange blossom. It is rather pleasant even if the alcohol is a little disturbing. Cashew nuts. Spices, yellow fruits, dried fruits, aromatic herbs. A pretty rich profile rather interesting. A little milk chocolate. Citrus and spicy with the opening. A bit of tobacco and chocolate.
Sweet, on the wall fruit, vanilla, bitter dark chocolate, pepper. It's rather complex. Notes of ginger, cinnamon and a hint of smoke. It's well designed by Arran.
Alcoholic, on spices, mint and chocolate. Persistent and fresh.