- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- New Label (2007)
- Added on
- 26 Oct 2008 9:52 am
31 × in wishlist
623 × member ratings
1310 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfarclas 10-year-old
90 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.45 points
- Can't quite understand the sometimes so devastating words. Sure, that's nothing extraordinary. It is a 10 year old whisky in the lowest price segment.
It's a simple malt with 40%, but it doesn't want to be anything else either, light sherry tones can be sensed, a certain malt sweetness, no missing notes, nothing to enjoy, but who simply sips a cheap dram with beginners, acquaintances want, why not ...
sherry, raisins, plum, caramel, smoke, brandy, wood, buns, orange, baked apple, sponge cake, a trace of honey
sweet, wood, sherry, fudge, malt, vanilla, sparse honey, brandy, slightly pungent
vanilla, wood, malt, sherry, tannin, wine jelly, brandy, buns, red currant
- Rich sherry cask, quite overwhelming with sherry/brandy notes
sherry, sultanas, brandy-like
sherry and wood, fruity, spicy
- I don't need it again, every liqueur is more intense
slightly tart sherry, cocoa, gummy bears, raspberry, slightly floral, mint, vanilla, the nose is very pleasing
extremely watery, boa, seldom drunk something thin, a little sherry, slightly chocolaty, a little vanilla, hint of raisins, sour, but the mouthfeel is like American iced tea, doesn't work at all
slightly sour, apple, slightly sweet, medium length
- For me, too simple a creamy slightly malty marsh. But the whisky is of high quality.
- Tasted on 11-04-2019 at "Glenfarclas Distillery.