- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 5th Release - Bourbon
- Bourbon Wood
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Blue Label 'Bourbon Wood'
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 13 Jun 2013 3:50 pm
25 × in wishlist
221 × member ratings
504 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kilkerran Work in Progress
31 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.67 points
- At first, it seemed weak, but with aeration, the balance began to straighten, pleased with the combination, as in Caol Ila, of minerality and fruit raspberry shades. Young, but fervently. Campbelltown is a temple of whisky, and releases from this region do not need advances!
Op-pa! It smelled of medicine, minerality, a little bit of a scent, dusty paper, lemon juice, Vitamin C tablets, bandages, freshly cut grass. Dryer and saltier, less fruity than Release4 8yo. After an hour, he suddenly found balance in the aroma, became a little sweeter, the medicine went away, and honey notes, vanilla and another white peach came in its place.
Hot pepper rolls smoothly, the taste is denser than that of Release 4 8yo 2018, tart wood, apple juice with pulp, raspberry, medicine and minerality have evaporated, bitter rind.
Raspberry and in the aftertaste, tannins, though knit a little, but there is a fruity sweetness.
- Mineral smoke, wax, maritime notes, vanilla, some salt, malty. An idiosyncratic whisky, the light smoke and the little sweetness makes it interesting.
- Massive smell and taste of vanilla. Sort of condensed taste. The liquid is a bit raw bit still pleasent.
- well balanced, sweet and malty whisky! vanilla and oaky spices, even a little peppery. grassy. Really well balanced. found this one in may 2017 for € 45,- which i consider a quite reasonable price for this fine bottle