- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 5th Release - Bourbon
- Bourbon Wood
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Blue Label 'Bourbon Wood'
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 13 Jun 2013 3:02 pm
28 × in wishlist
211 × member ratings
472 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kilkerran Work in Progress
28 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.66 points
- Massive smell and taste of vanilla. Sort of condensed taste. The liquid is a bit raw bit still pleasent.
- well balanced, sweet and malty whisky! vanilla and oaky spices, even a little peppery. grassy. Really well balanced. found this one in may 2017 for € 45,- which i consider a quite reasonable price for this fine bottle
- A good WIP, but not the best. Enthusiasm 3/5
First mineral, evoking slate, quite direct, it then gives malt, farm peat and granny smith apples. Later, the bourbon cask takes the ascendancy.
Much softer than the nose (honey, vanilla ...), it has a beautiful texture, but remains a bit angular - a sign of youth.
Rather delicate and fruity, beautiful persistence on sweet spices.
- A quite nice one though not really many-faceted. It is okay but the wonders Serge found in this are obviously unobtainable to my senses. Probably the bitterness is too hard to handle for me..
The smokiness faintly lingers around, green apple, liquorice and salmiak, vanilla, plaster, some honey, lemon and lemongrass. Opens up nicely.
Smoky lemon, honey, a distinctive combination of vanilla and mild smoke. Some syrupy notes with a savoury salmiak. Rather pungent and bitterish.
Middle-long, pleasantly malty, faintly smoky.