- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- Sherry Casks
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 23 Oct 2008 2:33 pm
36 × in wishlist
107 × member ratings
133 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1968
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 92.38 points
- Less tropical fruits than the early 70s but still then chocolate toffee figs plums leather rancio, delicious
- [January, 2007] Together with friends I emptied a bottle that I bought for 115 Euro in November, 2005.
[July, 2014] Together with friends I emptied another bottle that I bought for 115 Euro in November, 2005.
In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 92,5 both times. My notes state a close to perfection old style sherry profile. Simply delicious and dangerously quaffable...
- A firm but drying body.
aMince pies, doused in spirit and served with black coffee.
Creme de menthe. Cedar notes. Charred oak. Sappy. Woody.
Very long and warming.
- This one really has not just got the very fine and smooth sherry body but also a great surrounding fruitiness. Fantastic!
Toffee, sherry, dried fruits, tropical fruits, ripe bananas, some meat and ham, toasted bread - very good!
Nice sweetness like chocolate, toffee, with some fruity notes from citrus fruits, oranges, but also some dried fruits form raisins, figs - really nice!
Long, warm and very smooth, actually the citrus fruits come out most in the end which makes a very fruity end
- Very nice whisky, very classy fruit, duet with chocolate / nuts. He drinks himself.
An intense nose, without being aggressive or heavy so far. A very fine milk chocolate that emphasizes ripe grapes. A touch of smoked wood. Then the fruity develops, pineapple, evocation of lemon, beautiful citrus are then drawn, mandarins. It gives very want to soak the lips.
Of a superb delicacy, with always these fruits. Ice sugar and a rise of sherry markers in the second part of the mouth, especially nuts.
A short hair, but it's divine.
- Imperial Mandarin, chocolate, exotic fruits. Strong palate, cocoa, quite fruity. Lack of complexity but very pleasant. Final brief.
- 【First】: Dark Amber Dried Grape Brandy Cake Hot Cake Vanilla Pomegranate Acerola Cookie 【Middle】: Outline Body Bulge Acetic Tips Astringent 【Finish】: Nose escape Priority return is gentle but still there is chocolate rich with the sourness time of grape but relatively dry http://www.whiskylink.com/?p=2260
- About 4-5 years ago the taxfree shop at Copenhagen Airport had this bottling on the shelves for quite a while. I walked by them several times, and finally I ended up buying two of them for 175 $. I do not regret this today.