- Single Malt
- Cadenhead (CA)
- Bottling serie
- Authentic Collection
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Bourbon Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 56.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 10 Jun 2013 12:28 pm
0 × in wishlist
10 × member ratings
8 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glentauchers 1998 CA
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.25 points
- Like opening a basket of white fruits. Grapes. Apples. Pears...lots of pears. Not so much wood/cask going on. The fruits are refreshing though. An honest whisky. Good for summer nights.
Surprisingly dense, oily and citrusy. Is getting fruity after candied lemon, lemon drops and Swiss water pear. In addition, some grass. Behind it come malty aromas, roasted oak and white currants and gooseberry.
With water: balsam, tiger balm, lemon and bourbon sweetness. Later also currants, white peaches and melting pears.
oily citrus tones, lemon cake, grass, oak, white pepper and again Swiss water pear and maybe spoon biscuit.
With water: oily, a lot of lemon, malty heaviness and balsam-like spiciness.
long, grassy, lemony and very fresh. Later also roasted malt and very much after cooked pears.
- My first whisky williams pear ... not bad though!
- Good nose but far better and really perfect taste,wonderful finish.
- Hope to get another bottle
Fruity, pear, Maybe apple
Most elegant pear i had so far, with wild honey
Hint of nuts very well done.
- Wonderful, fresh pear, elegant and sweet opening,little bit of wild-honey,finishes with a hint of nuts flavour.
Wins a lot with a minimal addition of water.