- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bourbon, Quarter, Pedro Ximénez Sherry
- 48.0 % Vol.
- 1000 ml 1000 ml
- Bottled for
- Global Travel Retail
- Added on
- 06 Jun 2013 12:18 pm
71 × in wishlist
808 × member ratings
2438 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Laphroaig PX Cask
107 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.48 points
- I just tasted a recent 2017 bottling of this and I am fairly surprised that its still as good as I remember it to be. The px makes it easy to sip at 48%abv while still maintaining these lovely classic medicinal and leathery laphroaiggy notes. Not overtly complex but very enjoyable and definetly good value for money.
- Really interesting game between smoke, sherry and sweetness. He often changes his face. If you wait for the first sip, until it's only dry and then takes a new sip, the tart but is immediately gone and it starts again the game of sherry and sweet (in many others, it is just always tart when it once tart was).
I love it.
Smoke; occurs very maritim (iodine). Then comes a sweet, fruity note (my salivation begins immediately); Sherry is building up; there are spices and malt; after the first sip the malt becomes clearer; Every now and then walnut nuts. Boa, he's really powerful for me.
Smoke and sherry are immediately strongly represented. Then comes a powerful, slightly bitter oak. In addition, there is also a really sweet note. Maritime kelp touch is there and the smoke is changing. It gets a little drier in the mouth. Reminiscent of extinct campfire. He is also spicy (chili), first thought that it is the alcohol, but is a distinct spicy sharpness. After some time in the mouth, the malt comes out clearly. Still quite mild overall.
Smoke and sherry; Mouth is dry, the oak shows again from her slightly bitter side. The note of sherry evaporates and it remains long harsh and dry smoke back.
- Smoke meets sherry
Sherry, raisin, smoke, some liquorice
Racuh, oak, sherry
Smoke, oak, becoming drier, sherry, long
- Laphroaig PX Cask, originally for 'travel retail', you can now find the whisky in well-stocked specialist shops. One reason to try it - and to be thrilled!
Subtle maritime and slightly phenolic smoke on the nose, sweet heather honey, herbs, sandalwood, marzipan, raisins and sherry. The alcohol is well integrated.
Pleasant peat smoke, herbs, heather honey, mint, eucalyptus. Very full and warm. Soft on the palate
Medium-long finish with pleasant sweetness and herbs. Soft and warm.
- A delicious sweet peat with Laphroaig iodine DNA. Everything is rounded and well balanced.
Iodine & bandaids, sweet candies cough drops cherry flavored, maritime salt, peat
Rounded, Sweet vanilla peat, oak, salted fish, strawberry danish, pepper.
Pepper stands out, peat smoke, fruit roll up sweetness lingers
Sherry, sweet smoke, raisins
Sherry, smoke, dark fruits, spicy
Country and Smoky
So I imagine an almost perfect Laphroaig.