- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bourbon, Quarter, Pedro Ximénez Sherry
- 48.0 % Vol.
- 1000 ml 1000 ml
- Bottled for
- Global Travel Retail
- Added on
- 06 Jun 2013 12:18 pm
71 × in wishlist
891 × member ratings
2683 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Laphroaig PX Cask
115 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.51 points
- I just tasted a recent 2017 bottling of this and I am fairly surprised that its still as good as I remember it to be. The px makes it easy to sip at 48%abv while still maintaining these lovely classic medicinal and leathery laphroaiggy notes. Not overtly complex but very enjoyable and definetly good value for money.
- Really interesting game between smoke, sherry and sweetness. He often changes his face. If you wait for the first sip, until it's only dry and then takes a new sip, the tart but is immediately gone and it starts again the game of sherry and sweet (in many others, it is just always tart when it once tart was).
I love it.
Smoke; occurs very maritim (iodine). Then comes a sweet, fruity note (my salivation begins immediately); Sherry is building up; there are spices and malt; after the first sip the malt becomes clearer; Every now and then walnut nuts. Boa, he's really powerful for me.
Smoke and sherry are immediately strongly represented. Then comes a powerful, slightly bitter oak. In addition, there is also a really sweet note. Maritime kelp touch is there and the smoke is changing. It gets a little drier in the mouth. Reminiscent of extinct campfire. He is also spicy (chili), first thought that it is the alcohol, but is a distinct spicy sharpness. After some time in the mouth, the malt comes out clearly. Still quite mild overall.
Smoke and sherry; Mouth is dry, the oak shows again from her slightly bitter side. The note of sherry evaporates and it remains long harsh and dry smoke back.
- Super, good PLV, smoke and PX united very nicely despite youth
Smoked meat and juicy red wine, musty cellar, campfire and grape juice, red berries, raspberry jam
Very meaty, smoke explosion and sherry barrel, smoked ham
Smoky and long, juicy
- [2017-12-07] Where's PX in this whisky? The classic Laphroaig flavors dominate, delicately broken with light fruit.
Pretty weird. Jodyna dominates, still a little bland sweetness - overcooked peaches? And of course the smoke.
Strongly mineral, iodine, less smoke, sweetness, pollen, honey, peaches / apricots, then a little oak barrel.
Quite a long, fruity sweetness dominates, smoky and medical accents hide.
- Tasty. This release with the updated label is clearly sweeter, in my opinion it has benefited him.
- Ice Festival 2020-Dram, (virtual) Laphroaig Open Day.
- Perfectly balanced