51 × in wishlist
81 × member ratings
73 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1990 SS
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.46 points
- I payed 450$ or 435€ on whiskybase for this bottle. I don't know who the clown is that quotes it at 200€, but you ain't gonna get it at that price.
- fantastic dram, but tasted at a time that the bottle is really expensive, 300 euro or up, that`s my bad luck
Dates, Figs, Raisins, Chocolat, Canned plums,
Taste enters sweet with all ingredients of the nose
Fades out as in the taste with a slightly woody and oaky taste
- N: alcohol remained in Scotland, leaving this beautiful whisky open. There is a sturdy, indelible churn (eh?) Of 'sweetness' sugary: raisins, perhaps a hint of pandoro ?, then the usual blaze of red fruit (cherry uber alles) and chocolate. Apricot brioche, full. It can be creamy, with suggestions of English soup, but also preserve less obvious notes, as typical of the distillery (balsamic vinegar, mushrooms, damp wood). Really enjoyable and personality. P: we like to emphasize the diversity of this Glendronach compared to others, not least the excellent single cask for the MWF: if there were all the darkness and the importance of a 'dark' wood, here a sugariness prevails carefree, attention !, never whore. This is embodied in bombs of red fruit (cherry, strawberry, raspberry), in notes of dried apricots. Really incredible is the regal creaminess, buttery: brioche, panettone, dried fruit (hazelnut). Rare is the taste of malt, in sherry monster: here the spell happens, celebrated by the trumpets of the bearers of dried fruit. Walnut, and butter. F: long and persistent; chocolate with red fruits, infinite dried fruit. Really intense notes of butter, walnut. Excellent. Really beautiful. A very remarkable complexity, which particularly affects us because it betrays our expectations: we expected a sherry monster, and we actually have it; but it is not just a sherry monster, it is a barrel that has not betrayed the distillate and has respected its most personal notes. That said, we can not but admire the great intensity and the excellent quality of aromas and flavors. http://whiskyfacile.com/2013/09/19/glendronach-22-yo-19902013-silver-seal-521/
- Sweet nose of Sherry. Mouth composed of a mixture of dried fruit, stewed fruit and dust. Final very long. Very very good.
- Overall this Glendronach is good and nice, but less '' wow '', I think, than some official Glendronachs.
Caramelized marzipan, dried fruits (grapes in the lead), kirsch, cinnamon, clove, blond tobacco, varnished wood. It's very complex, it smells super good, and it's quite far (profile point of view) from many official Glendronachs in sherry casks.
Sweet and sweet attack on candied and dried red fruits. Alcohol is noticeable, although perfectly integrated. The mouth, although pleasant, is much less complex than the nose and is more in the standards of sherry profiles.
A slight woody dryness sticks to the palate. Spicy tingling tickles the cheeks. Average final in length.
- great cask with everything in it.
value for money. beautifull package by the way.