- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Feis Ile 2013
- Stated Age
- 17 years old
- European Oak Sherry Butts
- Number of bottles
- 51.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 21 May 2013 8:25 pm
48 × in wishlist
175 × member ratings
422 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Lagavulin 1995
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.27 points
- Tasting Notes:
- Very enjoyable Lagavulin. Comparable to the "Lagavulin 1995 Friends of the Classic Malts" but older and rounder. A great chocolate bacon combination is going on here.
Concerning price/performance ratio: 9/10
Burned iron and bonfire smoke. Smoked meat. Cinnamon, minerals, earth, ashes and sherry, some nuts and chocolate.
Smoke. Smoked meat (covered with a sweet honey mustard sauce and smoked over a bonfire) . Minerals and earth again. Salty.
Long. Smoke. Dark chocolate and bacon.
- The nose I find awesome and this mixture of burnt bacon and creaminess in the mouth is very successful. Unfortunately, I'm missing the punch.
Light smoked bacon smoke, with the slight only for the smoke, but not for the greasy. some cinnamon, rather dry than sweet, maritime and salty, apricot, nicely spicy with leather, nutty, a little like hanuta, depending on where you smell the glass very different, you warm the glass is creamier with milk chocolate, as on one would bend over a boiling cocoa, which is lightly burned, changed position and already the bacon is back, very varied
surprisingly light in the start, then the smoke, with a distinctly crispy, chopped bacon, nut, some chocolate and also a lot of salt, leather and cinnamon, very filigree, could actually handle a little more emphasis
coked pork rind, I can really see it in front of me, behind it still some creaminess, nut, hanuta
- http://www.weinkenner.de/2015/islay-blind-tasting-ii-sherry-abfuellungen-35335/ Color: full gold
Nose: Mild, honey-rich entry! Only a little peat, but with a full smoky note. A lot of salt, which emerges delicately pungent in beautiful chocolate and cocoa notes. With slightly fruity hints of orange and lime, leather and vanilla.
Taste: Very mild starting with pronounced salt and smoky campfire. Fine, well-integrated wood content that dominates the mouth with cocoa, honey, chocolate, vanilla, leather and light herbs.
Finish: Medium to long - smoky, salty, peppery. Again chocolate, honey, cocoa, sweet sherry and vanilla. Smoky with dull leather notes.
91 points (nose: 91 / taste: 91 / finish: 90)
- gold color, nose very slightly marked sherry, expressive, peat and lots of fruit (apple, pear, lemon, orange, tangerine), a little chocolate, some medicinal notes. Mouth still very fruity, peaty, slightly iodized, ash, medicinal notes, some pepper, perfectly integrated alcohol, slightly sweet, greedy and easy to drink. Long final, on the ashes and the earth.
- A nicely balanced and complex Lagavulin with a pleasant sherry influence