82.13/100
Strength
22 May 2013 5:57 pm

Whisky Reviews for Bunnahabhain 12-year-old

17 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.13 points

1. mrbcc scored this whisky 89 points Member Junior

Sweet upfront, caramel and honey. Substantial feeling with the higher alcohol content, raisins too. Great lingering spicy finish. Lots going on and I love it!

2. Auriverdes scored this whisky 82 points Expert Senior

3. thebonewolf scored this whisky 73 points Expert Junior

Whatever it was in the nose that I didn’t care for, it was hard to focus on anything else. I was worried it would translate into the taste but it was a complete turnaround for me once it crossed my lips. I recorded this review a dozen or so small glasses into the bottle I have, and it is not a go to, but I did find myself enjoying it ever so slightly more each pour.
      Some kind of nut, or nutty malt. Something I can’t place but I don’t like, kind of like bad molasses or butterscotch I don’t necessarily want to eat. Sweet, maybe it’s more sherry than I like? There’s a smokiness if you go slowly and can find it. The nose does not have me looking forward to drinking it.
    • Taste
      Water certainly wakes it up if you add it. Better than the nose, while I’m not in love with it, my concerns from the nose melt away quickly. It tastes like a somewhat harsh butter made from whatever nuttiness is in the nose. I think the unappealing part is the sherry, it tastes like caramel that is off, and I suspect I need a good amount of peat to enjoy the sweet sherry influence, or sweetness in general. I was able to find a subtle note of rosewater when mentioned - I was drinking this and Ralfy mentioned it - but not if it wasn’t on my radar from that.
      Middling, reminds me of bourbon, perhaps a bit toward maple.

4. borniebg scored this whisky 80 points Newbie

N: Honey, Vanilla, Apple, Oak
    P: Sweet, Full, Sherry
    F: Long, Sweet
    Nice complex for the money!

5. BLX scored this whisky 79 points Newbie

One of the best core range bottles of the lot, has everything, hints of peat and smoke, sherry notes and a lovely finish. Recommended.

6. BLX scored this whisky 79 points Newbie

7. BLX scored this whisky 79 points Newbie

8. WhiskyFan2112 scored this whisky 82 points Connoisseur

Nice entry level Bunna.

9. AgentMunky scored this whisky 58 points Expert Senior

10. Kodijack scored this whisky 85 points Member Senior

Bought it just out of curiosity. What a surprise from Islay. Started collecting Bunnahabhain because of that one.