89.20/100
WB41958
Creative Whisky Company (CWC)
Exclusive Malts
07.1997
01.2013
Strength
13 May 2013 1:18 pm

Whisky Reviews for Clynelish 1997 CWC

1 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.20 points

1. Palindrome scored this whisky 91 points Expert Senior

update: found another bottle. shocking but true. it needs a long time with a lot of air to reach peak quality. wish i'd had the strength to cut down on my scotch habit. it's nearly two years later after I wrote this review, and I'm still going strong. damn, oh well.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Love this one. I'm on my last bottle. Will post tasting notes soon. Reminds me a little of a Brora (the old style, not the floral stuff near the end of its production). I would post a pic of my bottle but I"ve never done that before. Seems a bit involved. I'm a Ludite :) This would score an 89 if it weren't so damned nostalgic tasting. Just reminds me of how good whisky used to be before all of the geo engineering, depleted growing soils, overloading of nitrogen fertilizers, and the new awful pesticides that are so not worth the terrible cost in terms of our health. But I think that's precisely the reason they are being used. Call it a conspiracy theory if you like. I call it a reality theory. The negative effects are obvious and still they are being used at greater and greater strengths. . . . Give me the old days of Brora and Springbank when I was a lad in Edinburgh. Ah, the old days. . . . When the UK was for people with family trees with deep roots FROM the UK. And the people would smile on the street so often, they were happy, content and doing just fine. Those were the days. I need a drink from this lovely bottle of Clynelish to remember them more clearly. When the distilleries were mostly owned by Scottish folk and not multi national conglomerates from far away lands with top tier owners from even more exotic places that most of us will never see. For instance, we know who owns Laphroaig but do we know who owns that owner? That's what I'm talking about. ha? ha. I wouldn't write a review this nostalgic or this long on a high traffic bottle. But very few people will ever read this one. So I think I'm okay being so honest, being so real. Because I care deeply about the earth and I care deeply about whisky. It's medicine that helps to combat the coming super storm. Will we survive, do you think? Will our grandchildren? One can only hope, but if we perish, then surely quite a few bottles of whisky will remain where our more frail bodies gave way. One thing is for sure: we are not destroying the earth. We are being used and abused to destroy it on behalf of something else. But what? ddddddddjjjjjjjiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnn made of energy who were here first, before organic life made it hard for them to stay here for long after organic life proliferated for so long. And now they want it back. And they want our energy and our suffering. But the earth belongs to us now, not them. The key to surviving lies in knowing who were are. Humanity is not evil. We are not a virus. We ARE a part of nature. We are the best nature has produced, at least in this age. There were other high species before ours. And they are gone. What happened to them? We aren't even allowed to know much about them. And for good reason. For within the seeds of their fate lies the formula for us to survive the same thing that once wiped them out. Ancient civilizations that predate history, of the red headed giants, of nordics, of aries peoples. They all have the key to our survival. But we must dig to find these clues. They are being covered up. The most "trustworthy" is deemed the source of info, the less trustworthy it truly is. Smithsonian: case and point. This review is my time capsule. I'm dying and it will outlast me. I probably own't make it to 54. I just turned 53 yesterday. Forgive my nostalgia. This whisky makes me feel nostalgic. Some whisky lovers will read this review after I'm gone, no doubt. Peace to you my brothers. Peace to you all. You are good people. And now it's time for my drink of Clynelish today. So good. So damned good. Thank you, CWC. Thank you for these 15 years of quality and granduer in a simple oak cask. Good whisky needs no fancy finish in sweet wood. Good whisky is forever. Just like a soul. Just like a spark of love. Just like a memory passed on with words to another mind to hold it. Goodbye for now. This might be my last review. I will hang out for months longer, no doubt, but I won't be writing many more reviews any longer. Fair thee well. .. .