- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Royal Burgh Collection
- Stated Age
- 16 years old
- Bourbon & Sherry Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 1000 ml
- Added on
- 03 May 2013 7:05 pm
7 × in wishlist
93 × member ratings
359 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Deveron 16-year-old
16 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.58 points
- RATING: 82pts – |80 – 82 (B-) → Okay| — No major flaws, worth tasting.
Oranges with coconut, vanilla, sherry fruits and oak aromas.
Caramel with sherry fruits, coconut, anise and oak aromas.
Long with caramel, anise, citrus fruits, oak aromas and a slight spiciness.
- - good 16 single malt at a fair price
- not only fruity and mild, but also with a little pep in the
soft, aromatic, fruity sherry smell, fresh fruit, apples, pears
Mild, subtle, sweet approach, increasing development on the palate, after the fruit aroma there is clearly spice and oak, leather
soft, medium-length finish;
long fruity aftertaste with plenty of spice
- The woodland is a village. A very sagged molt, in which under the tree everything that is good is stretched, which could stretch it to a high level.
Sherry-dried fruit. Lacquered parquet, sherry, dried fruits dominated in dried apricots, light spirituality, wet wood, red apples.
Bitter-tart, woody. A tart varnished tree, a handful of dried fruits, caramel, citrus candies, malt, and spicy herbs.
Bittersweet, astringent. A piece of wood, black pepper, spicy herbs, mead, a decoction of herbs, some hints of strawberry jam.
- He goes, but does not have to.
Light Sherrynote, a bit sprightly, although only 40%. But there are also notes of oak, plums, furry sloes.
The taste is spicy, mild, woody. The sherry is gone. There remains a diluted, alcoholic taste.
- Very easy drinking non offensive malt.
- [April, 2015] Finally I emptied a bottle that I bought for 88 Euro in December, 2014.
In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored this 85. My notes state an easy to drink but otherwise unspectacular dram.