- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Limited Rare Bottling
- Stated Age
- 19 years old
- Oloroso Sherry Casks
- see note
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L 08 04 13 3 10:20 BB
- Added on
- 05 May 2013 7:55 am
25 × in wishlist
159 × member ratings
417 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfarclas 1993
27 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.62 points
- sweet sherry, more of the nutty, elegant sherry, not too strong Beautiful yummy, round malt.
darker fruit notes, slightly musty oak notes.
soft, mild, nuts, sherry, tart oak.
becomes really peppery, strong astringent, but with a nice nutty sweetness in the background.
- Nice maturation, especially the fruity line. 46% works well.
Sherry. Mon cheri, raisin, plum and punch. Spices and oak.
Powerful. Sherry and sweet fruits starts. Then sour fruits: blueberry, gooseberry and blackcurrant.
Medium length, spicy, sour, dry.
- [August, 2013] Together with friends I emptied a bottle that I bought for 57 Euro in June, 2013.In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 87,5. I took no notes.
- Overall, as expected, but falls back in the aroma something, in addition to typical sherry notes missing here a few facets. Well balanced afterwards, the finish is great and has a good length.
fruity, typical Oloroso, as expected, raisins, brittle wood, cinnamon behind, elderberry, nougat, apple, peach jelly, cooked fruit, malty caramel, overall a bit restrained
soft, unfolds slowly, barely sweet and barely any fruit, accompanied by a sparkling spice, oak is very present
round, balanced spicy and slightly fruity, anise, peppermint and dark chocolate, remarkably long in the neck and on the cheeks
- The nose is better than the palate. The alcoholic sharpness is too dominant for my taste and drowns out the flavors - 02.09.2014
Sherry and fruit flavors, sharp alcohol
Sweet for sherry and fruits