- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Batch 2
- Vatting of Oloroso & Pedro Ximénez Casks
- Number of bottles
- 55.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 02 May 2013 11:54 am
60 × in wishlist
436 × member ratings
1144 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach Cask Strength
60 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.23 points
- Was rounder and more elegant than Batch 3, especially in taste. Typical dronach flavors again
- Aroma: Intense. Raisins, dried apricots, dried fruit compote, tropical fruits, light grassiness. Wild pear jam, monpacier, mints, tobacco motifs.
Taste: Bright, sweet. Real dried fruit compote, tropical fruits, creaminess. Tea note, tobacco, apricot stone.
Finish: Long lasting. Dried fruits, tobacco notes, milk chocolate, apricot pits.
Conclusion: Calling this sample a sherry monster is probably impossible, but that does not mean that it is bad. Quite calm, comfortable and high quality sherry.
- Very good whisky. Nicely balanced, harmonious taste and aroma. Pleasantly sweet but at the same time sharp sharp sherry affair.
* I compared directly with the Benriach CS batch 2, which is not so complex, it is more straightforward, sharper and woodier. Both have a nice dose of sweetness in the scent and finish, Benriach CS maybe more in the finish.
Sweetness after chocolate and sherry, spices. Prunes (certainly not as strong as in Gold Cock). There is certainly less roughness and more sweetness than Benriach CS.
Beautifully smooth, full, sweet - sherry and overripe fruit. Nicely balanced, spice, pleasant woodiness. Complex, delicate. Compared to Benriach CS, this is not so pronounced.
Spicy and woody. Sweeter, medium length.
- An oily and sherried dram. Had this in tandem with Batch 4 and found this must more well-balanced because the oak spice in this is not as overwhelming. Cooked fruits are certainly apparent on the palate. Not too sweet and not as sweet as the 21 Parliament. Finish is long with notes of dark chocolate
- Ralfy review 409: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAFkvsOsEEk (89/100).
- Very carressing in the nose with a beautiful evolution. I had the order: red wine, milk chocolate, bourbon (for red fruits), dark chocolate, burnt wood, discreet orange peel, honey. It is chocolate that settles permanently. In the mouth, fluid, spicy, alcohol does not bang too hard. The finish, sweet and persistent at the same time, gives coffee first, and notes of porto then. With a little water, it's Speyside that emerges! The balanced balance between honey and spices! Enthusiasm 4/5
- Vinous, sweet, leathery - a really great sherry malt!
Leathery sherry flavors, sweet, PX-sherry, sweet, red fruits, flour, bread, dough;
Spicy taste, leather, polish, sherry full, sweet and spicy alike, sweet and leathery red fruit, very delicious and simply delicious;
sweet, spicy, slightly earthy notes with water, totally vinous!
Warming with sweet and spicy sherry, vinous, medium to rather long,