- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 05 years old
- 53.9 % Vol.
- 50 ml 700 ml
- Added on
- 29 Apr 2013 10:06 pm
one in wishlist
19 × member ratings
27 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Aureum 1865 2008
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 73.65 points
- It does not have to be. Then rather to Scotland.
- For a 5 year old, nicely done. The chestnut barrels make it interesting - different flavor and flavor - 87.5 points
Flower magic, light honey, spicy, fruit, apricot
Sherry, spicy, fruity
Medium long and sweet with honey
- Aroma: floral magic, light honey, spicy, fruit, apricot Taste: Sherry, spicy, fruity Finish: Medium long and sweet with honey Comment: For a 5 year old whisky, nicely done. The chestnut barrels make it interesting - different flavor and flavor - 87.5 points
- no whisky that delights me
thin, vanilla, oak / wood
strong, young, grain, you do not notice the alcohol, wood
Medium long and something lays on the tongue
- Located in the reference area for whisky, however, Ziegler still has a long way to go before it reaches the finesse of single malt. One of the few whiskys where water addition is counterproductive.
alcoholic - sweet - malty / better do not smell too intense, otherwise the nose will be stunned. After a few minutes, shy fruitiness comes to the fore. + H2O: the smell is harmless but the nose is now strangely lifeless.
The alcohol is in the foreground, this liquor needs water. Otherwise sweet, woody and yellow Füchte. + H2O: the whisky opens, but not in an attractive way. Malt, sweetness and fruit become an indefinable mish-mash and intense bitterness comes to the fore.
Sustainable and alcohol-dominated, initially malty-sweet, he turns to a pleasantly bitter note. -H2O: it has made it worse, long finish, but uncomfortably emphasized bitterness.
- This "Whisky" is a bit like an eau de vie from pear and apple at first and a bit off shape in the end.
It has quite nice oaky flavours but seems to be a little feinty at all.
All in all a bit out of balance but this is the first Ziegler Whisky that lets me hope for better ones.