- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Batch No. 2
- Stated Age
- 09 years old
- Chardonnay Hogsheads Matured
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 22 Apr 2013 5:54 pm
4 × in wishlist
40 × member ratings
71 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Edradour 2003 Chardonnay Cask
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.21 points
- Another interesting maturation by Edradour. This one is marching in the sweet fruits and caramel meet ripe berries direction.
Concerning price/performance ratio: 8/10
Sweet wine (a white one), dried fruits, raisins, some ripe berries, gooseberry, some caramel, green herbs way in the back.
Sweet wine (a white one), dried fruits, raisins, some ripe berries, gooseberry, wood, caramel.
Short to medium. Some light fruits and oak.
- A delicious white wine whisky. Something sour, maybe.
White wine, caoutchouc, vanilla, lemon sorbet, clove, nutmeg, granny smith, caramel,
Oak, citrus, quark jelly, rosemary, clove, white wine, bell pepper
Relatively long, sour
- really nice and unique nose, however the taste is not my cup of tea and quite a bit disappointing compared to the nose.
- The nose triggers a wow effect with me. Fruit and sweetness without end, the nose has many facets and stimulates my salivation. In terms of taste, the sample flattens off, except for pleasant woody notes, the taste gives in my opinion, nothing. Nevertheless, this blindsample was very interesting and the nose compensates for the somewhat flat taste. Tastes!
Blind tasting: Even when pouring the sample exudes a wonderful sweetness, intense caramel and toffee is added. Now suddenly a banana aroma comes to the fore, a hint of cherries and then tropical fruits. The nose now gives everything she has to offer, I smell there fully ripe peaches?
Clear and fresh, the whisky pours over the tongue at the first sip. Fine and clearly definable wood tones, followed by slight sharpness and a slightly dry and harsh mouthfeel arises. Only now comes light sweetness and malt through the wood, subtle fruit flavors are also present. A touch of liquorice and old wood finish the taste.
Relatively unspectacular begins the departure. Tart and slightly bitter wood notes alternate with subtle sharpness. For a long time, the finish ends.
- Great whisky at a fair price (~ 55 €), as used by Edradour and the 46% - "... cask matured" series. Too bad to disappear in collections.
sweet spice, nutmeg, cinnamon, some Edradour muff and leather, with a hint of white wine, diluted: sweet, white grapes, pineapple
intense, full-bodied, very sweet, lots of toffee & chocolate, cinnamon and cloves, then strong oak, coffee, tobacco, very rich for 46%, you could also hold for a hand strength ... after a while sweet, overripe banana comes in addition
long and dry, leaves a slightly furry feeling in the mouth, dark chocolate and warm sharpness