- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Small Batch Release
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- American Bourbon and Spanish Sherry Casks
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 09 Apr 2013 12:38 am
36 × in wishlist
221 × member ratings
443 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore 25-year-old
30 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.67 points
- A nice complex whisky. Nose: Lots of sherry and fruit notes, toffee and hints of nuts, complex aromas of roasted wood and smoke, some leather and hints of herbs and salt. Taste: Not stormy but rather reserved, but with an enormous variety of flavors, which is dominated by sherry and dried fruits, coupled with a subtle peat smoke. In addition, various notes compete in the background, in the nuances of lemon and pineapple, toffee and hazelnut, wood, leather, grassy spices and salt flow. Finish: The medium-long finish puts more emphasis on the smoky notes, along with sherry and fruit notes, followed by a potpourri of light spice, wood, leather and nut notes, all of which add up to a level of complexity. Another statement about the price. Where do I put the rating here? Well, always where, on average, the remaining rating was. The price is basically not part of the quality assessment, even if this is practiced here. How can the price change the quality of a whisky? Does a rising price cause an increase in the quality of a whisky or will the whisky get better when the price goes down?
- My favorite! Especially in the mouth. Starts with soft mature sherry and fruit and explodes in liquorice with a long balanced finish.
- beautiful complex and soft Bowmore that has reduced its smoke to a minimum. Here, the maturity helps to compensate for the low alcohol strength
sweet and spicy, light cinnamon, French rolls, tangerines, very mild, set smoke, wild garlic leaves, haribo raspberries from the Colorado mix, very complex
dusty, firm marzipan, currants, resinous softwood, all-round mild and soft
the smoke is now stronger, salty, iodine, while also sweet, gingerbread, medium and without bitterness
- Great nose - but comparatively no need to drink. The end 80s shine through too much in the tasting profile. I guess I got to wait a few more years until I am satisfied with 25 yo Bowmores....
- While the smell was quite promising, the rest was rather disappointing for me. Pity!
Typical mature Bowmore with a complex attack of mild peat smoke, ferns, hints of lavender and old roses and tropical fruits. Gradually salt, oak, rosehip tea, red hibiscus flowers, earth and nuts follow.
Surprisingly easy start with ashen peat smoke, bitter oak, ferns, dextrose and sherry. Acts rather unbalanced, with the time flowery powder, salt and violet root follow.
Long, grape sugar, gentle peat smoke and again flowery accents of old roses and lilacs. Then also powder and forest soil.