- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Sherry Cask
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Oloroso Sherry Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 1000 ml
- New Label
- Bottle code
- LKPJ4202 2015/10/06
- Added on
- 03 Apr 2013 7:44 am
12 × in wishlist
259 × member ratings
718 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Aberlour 12-year-old
27 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.66 points
- A solid Entry level Single Malt but the 48% non chill-filtered version beats it by a good amount.
bitter almond on arrival,spicy,light caramel,berries,sweet apple,mint,sherry
short,medium to light-bodied with a soft Alcohol note.
- Nose 20, taste 21, finish 20, balance 20
- Warming, pleasant, soft, sherry whisky. In my opinion, this Aberlour is one of the best 12 year old sherry whiskys.
Sherry, tart, with notes of cherries, cherries, sugary odorous prunes, tobacco leaf, almonds and chocolate.
The taste is dominated by shades of cherries, dried fruits, nuts and oak.
Medium-long, fairly sweet, moderately oak, filled with echoes of cherry jam, prunes, dried apricots, almonds and dark chocolate.
- For 12 years it seemed rude, the aroma reminded Glenfarclas 105, but some more honey, like nothing remarkable.
Fresh, fragrant, herbaceous, honey-floral, ordinary sherry.
It tasted cold, syrupy, honey, sweet, dry apples, light grassy bitterness.
Harsh, long-lasting, sweet, light bitterness, some spices in the form of pepper.
- A good young sherry mole, a relatively deep and complex flavor, taste / finish spoils the general subtilism and wateriness, generally light and pleasant, an excellent whisky for the beginner.
Open, wet, raw barrel, spicy oak, compote of dried fruits, raisins, fresh herbaceous notes, caramel, candy drops, light citrus notes
Watery, light, tart oak, soft peppery wave, furniture varnish, kvasnoe wort, burnt crackers, cola, light notes of dark beer.
Light, warming, dried fruits with dominant prunes, light furniture-oak colors, butteriness, dried mushrooms, light metal sour.
- With 46% that would probably be a fat cracker, he is with 40 € / liter a cheap, very tasty sherry starter - any time, no shelf is ashamed.
mild, but direct - milk chocolate, orange jelly, drinking cocoa, slightly nutty
just a short greeting from the orange, instead raisin, in addition chocolate, nut, cocoa, a bit bitter, a little spicier, than the nose can expect, by the 40% but still very mild and round
medium and soft, chocolate, cocoa