- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bourbon, Sherry, French Oak, Port Pipes
- 42.0 % Vol.
- 1000 ml
- Bottle code
- M3058 15:57 13/00565
- Bottled for
- Travel Retail Exclusive
- Added on
- 28 Mar 2013 6:55 pm
15 × in wishlist
222 × member ratings
599 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Isle of Jura Turas-Mara
33 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.95 points
- Nose filled with caramel, grapes, honey, all at once intense and sweet. Coffee notes. We find this in the mouth with the typical driftwood from Jura, wood that persists in the final. The balance between sweetness and bitterness is very well made. An accessible and generous whisky. Perhaps the best Jura I've tasted (except maybe the 21 year old, but clearly better than the whole basic range.) Enthusiasm 4/5
- In the previous comments, the opinions are so far apart ... For my health, the typical Jura character was mainly superimposed with Ruby Port. The focus is too much on the finishes, and as a result, the result is rather overloaded with various flavors, but without the necessary elegant complexity to develop. Does not mean that you can not have fun with this 1l bomber ;-)
Port and red fruits are immediately present, honey, closely followed by a hint of smoke, the discreet spiciness and slightly toasted oak wood, followed by notes of Bordeaux, vanilla, then the drop shows its youth not too intrusive but not deniable, overall sweet , some caramel, the fruit flavors are more explicit, recognizable are juicy sweet plums and strawberry jam, with redcurrants and apricots, gooseberries, about a pinch of cinnamon, hazelnut, hints of cereals
sweet, the emphasis is on the finishes - vinous and berry, then immediately crops noticeable, prunes, in addition to seasoning like clove and white pepper, again slightly toasted oak and honey, minimal bitter caramel, in the background sandalwood, without the metallic Youth and ginger he would be wonderfully soft and velvety
slightly astringent and grassy, the influence of strong red wine is also evident here, raisins, white oak as if one bites directly into a few splintered boards, vanilla, cereal with a hint of caramel and cocoa, mild ginger, traces of sulfur, long-lasting and warming with residual spice
- Contributed from September 2015
Very strong and clearly sour. Dark forest berries (blackberries, dark currants, young cherries), spicy honey.
Mild arrival, then voluminous and sweet in the whole mouth, with a wild, harsh forest fruit note. Dark berries, forest honey.
Sweet fruity, a little chocolate and spicy oak remains on the palate.
- For the price an absolute recommendation. A great whisky for the summer! his strengths are in my nose and especially in the finish 86 pts.
fruity fresh and intense, it rises into the nose, directly ripe red apples cherries and a few citrus fruits go towards Madarinen. Dau comes a delicate vanilla note that fits into the velvety nose. After a few moments in the glass, the fruits are a bit darker and earthier. I would most likely eat blackberries. The Jura note is still easy despite the fruit bomb. I do not mean a little carnation, too. For me a very pleasant nose.
The first moment in the mouth is sugar sweet, with the wonderfully integrated fruits almost like wine gum. Very pleasant and soft, the 42% are nicely dosed.
The finish is not very long but sansationell fruity, very nice warming and buttery soft. At the end, a touch of draft comes through with some butterscotch. However, I think that you notice that he is not very old.