- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Ichiro's Malt - Port Pipe
- Port Pipe
- Number of bottles
- 54.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 27 Mar 2013 8:53 am
38 × in wishlist
82 × member ratings
187 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Chichibu 2009
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.06 points
- Sweet, apricot, honey and a lot of wood. I like Port-Pipes. Not bad for a young dram.
- Very interesting, but idiosyncratic Chichibu, I like because others are much better, this stable note is a little uncomfortable, because more would have gone, probably. is it the vintage?
First pure damp cellar, later gentle, slightly gammlige apricot notes, honey, fresh Port wine, a little bit mineral, malt, oregano, wood smoke, a little honeydew melon
Surprisingly noticeable wood smoke note now, apricot in honey, hazelnuts, reminds me more of Madeira-Finisch, the smoke in combination with the young oak and malt leaves a little barn aromas, pear with seeds, light grapes
dry, scorched wood, hearty malt, some apricot and honey, medium-long
- Simple but pleasant, light and very fresh, very drinky, the fortress is practically not felt, young and playful as a port of ruby.
Raw, cool, mineral, barely perceptible smoky and peaty notes, porto ruby, prune, grapes, raisins, dried apricots.
Fresh, sour, lemon pepper, porto, fruit tones, soft oak bitterness, a little peat, lemon peel.
Continuation of taste, fresh, fruit and berry, sweet and sour with bitter taste, viburnum, cowberry.
- Peculiar whisky, could not do anything with it at first. Then I tried it 2-3x and suddenly I found it good. Now I find it very good and have the rating increased significantly Now I enjoy that I still have a few bottles in stock. For lovers of heavy, or smoky whisky's, he is not the right one. Who loves tasty-fruity whiskys, will have a lot of fun. It is likely to be rare, but will soon surpass the € 500 limit, with only 4200 bottles. On Neudeutsch : You buy pulle Chianti ser bilig, make pure alcohol of 1:10 abodeke, you have to shake, full blatantly almost the same. Only better the other model. Nix vil water you there tsum swim the wiski, only a little. Defer age, dan is blatantly good.
- Relatively full body for such a young whisky
Port, oaky, fruity (berries), maple syrup
Port, sweet, nutmeg, chocolate
Rather short, port, dry