- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Ichiro's Malt - Chibidaru
- Chibidaru (Quarter Cask)
- Number of bottles
- 53.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 27 Mar 2013 8:50 am
27 × in wishlist
68 × member ratings
193 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Chichibu 2009 Chibidaru
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.26 points
- An excellent representative of the country of the rising sun, typically Japanese, nothing superfluous, and all that is perfectly balanced, cohesive and harmonious, not a masterpiece of course, but the class is felt, a beautiful bourbon frame and a small barrel fit in - a lot of wood, but everything to the place, 3-4 years in all, damn, many and for 20 close to this level can not come up. Well, it was not without a fly-fly - as for all Japanese in recent times - the price tag is off scale, as Serge saw it right - "... our friends seem to get more Scottish than the Scots with their whiskies these days ... ".
Open, calm, noble wood, lacquer, powerful, deep, drying oil paint, a little eucalyptus, soft conifers, larch, almonds, pickled cucumbers, salty grape leaves, very bourbon.
Thick, saturated, oak, needles, peppery wave, caramel sweetness, varnish, oily.
Spicy, bourbon, warming, oak bitterness, varnish.
- By Serge Chichibu 2009/2013 'Chibidaru' (53.5%, OB, Ichiro's Malt, Japan, 3800 bottles): 87 Punkte
- Well. See also my comment at the Chibidaru 2010. Blind comparison July 2016 Chibiduru 2009 + 2010 The wood is much more dominant than in the 2010s. It is more intense on the palate, but the 2010er is more balanced. Not too much water.
in German: That makes only a little wet with water, nothing to bathe the vil. otherwise no booze. Schmekke almost wi tree.
- This Whisky was sold for 175 € at Whiskyauction in July 2015
- I was told by the bottler that this is 3yo.
- Tastes older than it is
Sweet malt, toffee, vanilla, honey
Sweet malt, vanilla, honey, tobacco, chocolate
Medium long, toffee, tobacco, spicy, dry
- Pastry: Crème brulée, pear tart. A dessert! For me, it's a whisky who doesn't do his age (±10 years). I really enjoy the nose.
- Sweet cream caramel, easy drinker, Simple and enjoyable.
Scores a B-