- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Spanish Oloroso Sherry Casks
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 22 Mar 2013 1:24 am
2 × in wishlist
57 × member ratings
138 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 15-year-old Revival
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.00 points
- Pretty hard to beat this one in that price range...
Probably one of the top 5 after 2013 considering the current prices of whisky in today's market.
- An exceptional value for money, in the line of "three must have" (Revival, Uigeadail and Corryvreckan).
Marmalade of oranges, woody notes, dried fruit, toffee, vanilla cream, With aeration, a little orange liquor, spices, and prunes.
Sweet and creamy, very sherry. A certain freshness. Perfect balance of sugar and alcohol. We find the prune, bitter cocoa, wood, vanilla, grapes very concentrated in sugar (late harvest), hazelnut and perhaps almond paste. A lot of spices on the finish and vegetal touches.
Peppery finish. Coffee. More marked dry sherry.
- Dried fruit aroma, figs, raisins, orange, vanilla, banana, apple, lime and heather honey. Vanilla sweet taste, anise, ginger, pepper, mint, banana and apple pie. Medium long, fruity and malty end.
- An ultra classic, widely acclaimed by a large majority of single malt lovers. He is certainly well done, but still he can not seduce me personally.
Very sherry, on caramelized cooked fruits (plum, grapes). A small peppermint pecks the nose afterwards. An acid note then attacks the nostrils.
In the first soaking of lips, sweetness is invited but is quickly replaced by a rise in power of alcohol. Cooked fruits are not hidden; they are present. Bitter dark chocolate is also felt.
Average. Alcohol scratches my throat a little too much. The wood dries the tongue a little. The presence "sherry" fruit is still well established, it sticks almost to the teeth.
- best whisky ever
Sherry on nuts (especially nuts), dried fruits, fig and prune. Pretty cool. After aeration, cooking, rancio and macerated fruits make their appearance.
Pretty powerful. Unlike the nose that is on the fruit, the mouth is marked by mocha and cocoa.
Medium long on bitter cocoa