- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Connoisseurs Choice
- Stated Age
- 16 years old
- Refill American Hogsheads
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 21 Mar 2013 4:37 pm
3 × in wishlist
18 × member ratings
26 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Benrinnes 1997 GM
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.27 points
- Interesting and distinguishable from the classic sherry aging of this Speysider.
Barley and unripe bananas, have not smelled that in a whisky before. Interesting...
Breakfast cereals, green apples, a bit of spice and vanilla. Good, reasonably complex and quite interesting.
Those breakfast cereals seem to have gotten stuck between my teeth. Flossing is not required! Good stuff!
Green apple, kiwi, freshly sawn light wood. Some mint.
Sweet, fruity. Yellow apple, orange, honey. Some marzipan. Milk chocolate, subtle spices.
- Tasted April, 2016 at Bow Bar, Edinburgh.
The nose is very pleasant and very sherry driven. It gives of notes of white chocolate, hazelnuts and autumn apples.
Gives quite a dry mouthfeel and follows the nose with notes of mixed apples and cacao, and hints of citrus.
The finishes seems a big short, however pleasant. Loads of black pepper, mixed with apples and citrus (lime zest in particular).
- Refill Sherry Butts + rejuvenated refill Ex-Bourbon-Hogsheads
- A good, honest dram. Crisp and clean on the nose with the barley and fruits in a nice balance. A few drops of water brought through more vanilla. Similarly straightforward on the palate, mixing vanilla with pepper and spices. Medium-length, warming finish. Good value for money.