- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 27 years old
- Number of bottles
- 54.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 14 Sep 2007 7:00 pm
48 × in wishlist
221 × member ratings
374 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Port Ellen 6th Release
18 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 92.28 points
- Bottle # 0002 sold empty at ebay.
- I expected more from this.
Quite hot, linseed-oil,green tea elements, seaweed notes, moss and green-olive hints. Smokiness.
Lemon accented. Chilli flakes, light smoke. Campfire elements present.
Singed turf and clean acidity. Long finish.
- On the nose it's slowly opened, but the time is compensate a lot of rich aromas. Little bit slightly on the taste, but even so complex. Amazing!
Sweet peat, farmy notes, hay, salted caramel, vanilla, apple, kiwi and lime, wet cardboard, slightly medicines and smoke
Sweet peat, sour citruses, tangerine, salty minerals, coffee, grass, ash. Not too complicated, but it tastes great.
Long, the sweet / salty competition even here, the ash is on acme. Very special.
- Tasted in a festival so no extensive notes. In my experience very much in the same line with the excellent 3rd release: rather mild and round smoke, very balanced, fresh green apple in the Granny Smith -style, white pepper here, whereas the 3rd was a tad more in the direction of green pepper. They stand toe to toe and are the favorite expressions of the series I have tried so far.
- A fine peat that is revealed with a little water. A good PE that is drunk alone. A lot of fruits
- This is part of Diageo?s 2006 batch of Special Releases. Like Brora, Port Ellen
distillery closed in 1983, and also represents a real loss for most malt
aficionados. Some of us even consider it the best of all the Islays. This is the
oldest bottling of Port Ellen ever undertaken by Diageo. Typically balanced and
well mannered on the nose, with a restrained peat smokiness and maritime,
medicinal characteristics. Soft and yielding on the viscous palate, with
apricots and plus emerging alongside peat, subtle smokiness and brine. At its
best neat, despite its strength, though water releases more of a maritime
dimension. The finish is long, elegant and nutty. 5,610 bottles.
- Color: Yellow Scent: Sweetness, Smoke, Certain wood and vanilla Taste: Besak, Taniner, Smoke, Dry wood and some tanines Aftertaste: Long and nice http://smad.se/provningar/Provning%2066%20%C3%85rsm%C3%B6te%202007.html
- This Whisky was sold for 955 € at Whiskyauction in Feb. 2015