- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Spanish Oloroso Sherry Butts
- 60.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Added on
- 18 Mar 2013 8:41 pm
28 × in wishlist
242 × member ratings
519 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Aberlour A'bunadh batch #45
29 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.73 points
- Bright, rich, tasty batch.
- Very good whisky, sherry monster!
Winey and clammy with sweetness. Unlike Batch # 31, notes of fermented fruit appeared, the aroma became more dominated by bread and nut tones, the influence of citruses increased, raisins were replaced by prunes, and instead of honey syrup, caramel tones appeared. Apricot jam, vanilla, cream and oak - remained unchanged.
Sweet and burning. Unlike the first sample, it contains more ginger and citruses. Chocolate shades have become more like coffee or even cocoa. There are also a lot of apple seeds and oak bark. In general, for some reason, the taste as a whole seemed sharper to me.
Long enough. At the beginning there is a lot of caramel sweets, honey, chocolate, followed by nutty, bread notes and spices. At the end are oak bark and oranges.
- The aroma is thick, sweet: sherry, many berries (ripe currants, tart cherry, raspberry jam), gum, resinous tree, dried fruits (figs, prunes), butter, a little bit of minerality. The taste is rich, sweet, sherry: berry jam, dried fruits in abundance, spicy spices, sponge cake with creamy cream, astringent oak with light bitterness, a hint of tablet minerality. Aftertaste : sherry notes, berry jam, dried fruits, sweet pastries, a hint of tobacco, astringent oak. Conclusion . Attractive sherry monster with good strength. Not outstanding from the A'bunadh family, but well built and bright. I like. Score 88 (n23t22f21b22).
- Very strong, spicy-fresh sherry, but not grown-old. Nice, but I do not break the hype here.
Chocolates, sherry, quite full, oranges, spices, hints of dates, dark chocolate
Full, dense sherry, bitter orange, cherry, dark chocolate, egg, gentle spice, ginger
Spicy, long, ginger, mocha, oak, cherry pits
- This is the epitome of a sherry bomb. Huge notes and that lovely dry gunpowdery sherry. I did find a bit of a bite to this, but nothing that would put me off from the massive flavours this thing is dishing out. This really is top class whisky .
Reviewed in my blog: https://iwriteaboutstuffilike.com/2016/07/29/aberlour-abunadh-batch-45/
Dirty sherry. Red fruits. Raspberry vinegar. Bit of nutty funk. Espresso. Ruby grapefruit.
Nutty sherry, quite rich. Oranges. Milk chocolate. Matches.
Long. Matches. Espresso. Slight dry, but a good dose of juicy red fruits.
bomb, definitely well made, relatively young and fresh
(neat) raisins, plum jam, mixed
fruits preserve, slightly dusty (water) dense, sweet sherried style,
baked apple, berries, orange
(neat) very rich, sweet, sour
cherry syrup, raisins (water) treacle, anise, a bit spirity
and young, heavily cooked fruits
medium to long, sweet-to-sour,