- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 20 years old
- 1st Fill Bourbon Barrels
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 15 Mar 2013 5:39 pm
21 × in wishlist
130 × member ratings
210 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tullibardine 20-year-old
24 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.39 points
- A cereal malt if I‘ve ever had one. Grains, oatmeal, dusty wheat. Malty as all hell, but rather un-fruity. Good if that’s your thing. Comes across a bit younger than its stated age.
- Aroma: sweet apples, honey, apple peel, salted milk caramel, freshly cut grass, dry, damp autumn leaves, damp earth, dry sawdust, a little minerality and salt. Although the aroma contains sweet derivatives, it is absolutely not sweet and strict.
Taste: honey-grassy, caramel, apple peel and bones, baked apple, herbal extract, bitter rind, walnut.
Finish: caramel, grassy, apple juice, nuts, slightly shorter than average, very delicate.
The result: the aroma is the strongest side in this whisky, very multi-layered and interesting, the taste is slightly poorer, but also good, but I would like to finish more brightly, but what is that is ... In general, very pleasant is no longer youthful, but not yet age whisky, probably like those who love the strict without Speysidovskogo sweet whisky.
- Delicious. It screams for "daily dram"!
Vanilla, subtle wood, some mandarin. A lot of vanilla. Soft and creamy.
Oak. Vanilla. The Nachschmecken is always sweeter.
Medium long, sweet.
- Quite a disappointment. Nothing worth mentioning, really. On par or worse than a Highland Park 12-yo.
Malty, some hay, some honey
Malty, spicy, some hay and honey
Short. Quite drying and some bitterness. Small waves of honey and malt die off quickly.
- Blind tasted during ProefOlympics 2018
Marzipan, grapes, peach, melon, apple, lemon, hint of orange, honey, toffee and pineapple.
Hazelnut, nutmeg, lemon zest, baked apples, toffee, honey, caramel, oak and anise.
Short to medium term, hazelnut, nutmeg, oak, anise, dry, lemon, baked apples and sweetened cereals