- Single Malt
- Samaroli (Sa)
- Stated Age
- 16 years old
- Number of bottles
- 48.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 15 Oct 2008 1:46 pm
24 × in wishlist
33 × member ratings
25 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Longrow 1973 Sa
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 93.97 points
- all the Longrows 73 and 74 sa are excellent,this is no exception, amazing
- Didn't write much because this is simply extraordinary
Fresh and extremely fruity, peat and medicinal
Dive into the nose above, petrol, dynamic
Long and simple amazing
- Had this dram during the Glasgow Old&Rare show Feb 2018. This was part of a Samaroli tasting with Emmanuel Dron from the Auld Alliance.A sweet and quite good 73/74' Longrow. Peat integration was good but not as impressive as 1974 ob's at higher proof. This dram was massively overhyped for me considering prices and other scores. Still a very fine dram but the Samaroli hype is real!
- A very drinkable and enjoyable whisky. For me this is much closer to my favorite Ardbegs rather than Bowmore or other peated single malts.
Peaty and smoky attack at first but after there are coming up some very nice notes of citrusy, lemony, honey, old books and also some tropical fruits including mango, passion fruit, pineapples and so on.
Softly peated in my mind or in other words well balanced with a subtle sweetness and some fruity and honey notes. Very smooth and waxy. Citrusy and lemony notes again.
Long and gently peated and smoky.
- This Whisky was sold for 1.406 € at Whiskyauction in June 2015