83.49/100
L3093CM000
09 Mar 2013 7:54 pm
ColoredChillfiltered

Whisky Reviews for Talisker Port Ruighe

132 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.49 points

1. EinSpatzUnterVielen scored this whisky 77 points Expert Senior

In intensity of departure, although clearly superior to the Tomatin 14, but not really my thing. The sour wine notes and the smoke do not go well together, I think. Out of round, patched port notes, too bitter; the DE is miles better. I wish the finish would be shorter ... it gets more and more disgusting. Not my cup of painting.
      Smoke, wine, gummy, sour, cherries, freshly toasted bread, cranberries, menthol, salt, nose stings
    • Taste
      oily, slightly spicy, orange, lemon, vanilla, ginger, pepper, smoke, cherries, cranberries, coffee, leather
      long, smoky, earthy-dirty, sweetish, sourish, slightly musty, orange, pepper, very strong mocha, leather, menthol, salt, burnt toast, licorice, tar

2. Gloin scored this whisky 81 points Expert Senior

All in all, I like the Port Ruighe quite well, but there are clear points deductions for the finish and I think I also notice the lack of maturity. It tastes good to me, enjoyment sets in, but without enthusiasm. Tasted in 2013
      In the nose, I notice a soft smoke, but my brain quickly fades out. Behind it, I find a sweet, floral-fruity smell, almost like a sinful, a bit obscene woman's perfume. Somewhat hidden I find again the anise, which I rediscover in almost every Talisker and a slight reminder of the sea. But maybe that's just my imagination, because I know what I have in my glass.
    • Taste
      The taste shows me two very different impressions, on the one hand my tongue is greeted by a clear sparkling sharpness and I'm pretty sure it's not the alcohol. On the other side, the smell is confirmed with a flowery sweetness. I have associations of whole milk chocolate with chilli and candied rose petals.
      The finish disappoints me. A short sweetness is still there, but in the end there is only an unpleasant bitterness that I did not have in my mouth.

3. DanishDistilled scored this whisky 83 points Expert Junior

Reminds me a lot of other Taliskers. I dont think that any wine is pronounced in the nose.
      Fruits and caramel.
    • Taste
      Again, reminds me a lot of a regular Talisker Skye, perhaps. Port notes are there, but only barely.
      Here, the grape notes come forward. Comparable to the Talisker 2002 Amoroso DE.

4. WhiskyFan2112 scored this whisky 79 points Connoisseur

5. lucero scored this whisky 86 points Expert Senior

6. Ain scored this whisky 82 points Member Senior

Soft, light, but bordered by voidness. The small bag made sweet. The youth of spirits is felt.
      Soft, sweetish, without alcohol, floral, lingonberry pie, caramel.
    • Taste
      Soft, berry, chocolate and a burnt out cigar, butterscotch.
      Continues the taste. Average duration. Pepper, berries, sweetness.

7. Maltlife scored this whisky 82 points Expert Junior