- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Sherry Oak Casks from Jerez
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 23 Sep 2008 3:01 pm
13 × in wishlist
137 × member ratings
503 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Macallan 12-year-old
16 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.24 points
- Beautiful in balance !! Tasted during the Macallan N & T 02-04-2016 at 'Mr. Macallan '
- E: Amontillado plus. Irregular. N: Delicate. Inviting. Butter, sherry. Flower honey (violets). Sugar powder. M: Coating. Subtle orange marmalade. F: Warm and fuzzy.
Paired with: Lindt 97%, and Speculoos.
- Despite it's lacking a little bit of fruitiness I personally like this 12yo a little more than the latest 12yo - however, definitely not in the same league as the old Macallans from the 60ies and 70ies
Malty, hay, wood notes, rather dry
Very creamy, oily and smooth, little woody, little fruity, some vanilla notes
Medium long, smooth
- A friendly Macallan, Fantastic!
Rich and calm, sherry oranges, black dried plum and warm meditereanean notes.
Gentle, creamy, full body, fruity, chocolate, slightly drying oak.
Lovely warm woodspices with orange marmalade and a long lasting finish.
- My first Macallan; very exciting - 01.05.2014
First of all stinging alcohol note, then fruit notes, pineapple, dates, caramel
Sherry, caramel, malt, fruits hold back