- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Old Bottle Shape
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Sherry Oak Casks from Jerez
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 23 Sep 2008 3:22 pm
17 × in wishlist
157 × member ratings
596 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Macallan 12-year-old
19 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.18 points
- Delicious, sherry, oak, rather pleasant sweetish, with notes of plums, raisins, would buy a bottle
- Beautiful in balance !! Tasted during the Macallan N & T 02-04-2016 at 'Mr. Macallan '
- E: Amontillado plus. Irregular. N: Delicate. Inviting. Butter, sherry. Flower honey (violets). Sugar powder. M: Coating. Subtle orange marmalade. F: Warm and fuzzy.
Paired with: Lindt 97%, and Speculoos.
- Despite it's lacking a little bit of fruitiness I personally like this 12yo a little more than the latest 12yo - however, definitely not in the same league as the old Macallans from the 60ies and 70ies
Malty, hay, wood notes, rather dry
Very creamy, oily and smooth, little woody, little fruity, some vanilla notes
Medium long, smooth
- A friendly Macallan, Fantastic!
Rich and calm, sherry oranges, black dried plum and warm meditereanean notes.
Gentle, creamy, full body, fruity, chocolate, slightly drying oak.
Lovely warm woodspices with orange marmalade and a long lasting finish.