- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- white stripe on capsule
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 02 Sep 2008 10:51 pm
9 × in wishlist
88 × member ratings
354 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore Legend
17 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.87 points
- I just enjoy it, not very complicated, but quite pleasant and a round thing.
cold smoke rises in the nose, but not too dominant, but as an equal companion, the very pronounced fruit flavors, these bring a fresh sweetness, candied pear, red apple, a hint of iodine, vanilla, malt
Oily, if a bit watery, sweet, fruity, again the sweet pear, then sparkling apple, slightly sour, the smoke is very restrained, if you look for it, you will also find here indicated violet notes, but nothing that would have to mention negative
behind the apple is clearly dominant, but also the smoke is clearer, ashen, fruit bowl, not too long
- A Bowmore entry from the old squad. Does not overwhelm anyone, but it is not one-dimensional.
Sweet smoke, combined with a note of smoldering gum. Fresh hay and grated lemon. The note of scorched gums weakens over time, but is present for a long time.
Creamy and soft onset, with not quite as fruity-sweet smoke, as it was found in the nose. Slightly salty with time. Milk chocolate is coming. Fresh bread dough.
Slightly dry and ashen, but still fresh and fruity for a long time.
- More than lemons and some smoke I do not think so. Already easy to drink, but the body and depth are missing.
- A bit shallower compared to the surf, but still not a bad dram
mild ashy smoke, the scent of a summer meadow, sweet, salty, light alcoholic notes, glue
Sweet ash, maritime, salty, bitter and dry
short to medium long, remaining unobtrusive ash, salty and subtly sweet
- a good to drink soft Islay
a smoky Islay nose
with notes reminiscent of Bruichladdich
a breath of smoking cow dung in the background
the sweetness is dominant
very soft start
first on the palate bright smoke
in the beginning, the fair sweetness, then warm cereal, light notes
Chocolate powder develops on the palate
a soft bright and fresh whisky in the mouth
floral note reminiscent of fresh carnations
a light fresh finish shallow and pleasant
- For then 20-25 € a solid, mittelrauchiger beginner in the range. I like him. In the direct comparison Legend / Surf I find the surf a little more edgy, smoky, maritime, the legend is rounder, sweeter.
mild smoke, light freshness (lemon? salt?), plus a beautiful cereal sweetness, hay, herbs, quite balanced for such a young pound
smokier and less sweet than the nose suggests, dry, a little scratchy, here you notice the youth, ashes with a bitter sweetness
medium-length, ash, a bit of plant bitterness and a slight tingle on the tongue