- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Old Radius Top Black Label
- Added on
- 08 Sep 2007 9:48 pm
17 × in wishlist
172 × member ratings
410 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 10-year-old
19 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.29 points
- It was a bit solventy on the nose at first, so I added a teaspoon and a half to 50cl and left it sit for 15 minutes. On the nose, the solventy citrus notes fade and the malty spice notes become more apparent. The palate tumbles out quickly, so it takes a tad more focus to parse the flavors. With enough time the floral and fruit character of this one becomes quite powerful, too.
Salty citrus zest, a touch of white pepper, floral peat, malt, gingered spices, and butter with a hint of almond.
Floral honey and bitter vanilla, banana, salted caramel, floral peat, malt, mixed dried fruit.
Brown sugar and ginger, fades to bitter baking spices
- As always, Springbank is at its height !!!
Wonderful 10th, already old release (2006)
- Colour: Gold
Nose: Full, fruity and fresh. Heather smoke, juicy fruit, quite oily. Toasty, nutty, vanilla, toffee, salted caramel, baking spice, honey, malt, cereal, lemon, coffee.
Taste: Very thick and oily. Sweet with juicy fruit and some sherry. Heather, smoke and peat. Soft arrival, spice, very oily, nutty oak, malty, toffee, orange, red apple, soot and smoke into the finish.
Finish: Medium length. Silky with fruit and a little spice. Soot, some spicy oak, nutty and oily
Notes: Probably my favourite entry malt.
Salty, seaweed, peat, banana, honey and a touch of tropical fruit
Salt, seaweed, greasy, smoke, citrus, melon, honey, roasted wood and pepper.
Long, tobacco / smoke, greasy and pepper.
- I like this stuff, nice whisky and quite powerfull for 46%
Fisherman's Friends, a bit peat, slightly menthol, cardboard
More and stonger peaty, I like this, gunpowder, a little pepper
Note of menthol which stays in the month pretty long
- 85/86. High quality for a 10YO. Seems softer than later versions, although it could be that the bottle has been open a bit longer.
Apricot, vanilla, caramel, peat, pepper and banana.
More peat. Apricot, mango, pepper, pineapple, orange, melon and vanilla.
Peat, apricot, vanilla and pepper.