- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- New American Oak & Refill Casks
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 05 Feb 2013 9:37 am
15 × in wishlist
167 × member ratings
240 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kavalan Podium
38 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.01 points
- A very nice exotic malt for in between, nothing more and nothing less.
Light honey, lots of banana liqueur, vanilla, creamy, wax, linseed oil, marzipan, almonds, you have to tease everything but a little bit after the banana, a little green apple
Also sweet here, now also pear, slightly unripe banana, calvados, linseed oil, coconut juice, almonds, marzipan, light honey, green apple, a touch of grapefruit, white pepper, ginger, camphor, esthernotes, vanilla, a little woodruff, distillate tea, citric acid, a little alcohol, later a hint of anise
Exotic fruits, pear with shell, coconut, apple and grapefruit, light malt, camphor, medium-long, warming
- Sherry and fruits in the nose Bitter chocolate tannins from the oak Medium in the finish
Spicy flavours nicely mixed with fruit and wood. A light vanilla cream and banana.
A snappy ginger and pepper spiciness followed by the sweet vanilla and honey. A little later the more woody tones take over to dry out everything.
A good finish with the oak in the lead.
- The classic sherry affair from Kavalan, which keeps a reasonable standard and a bit shuddering in the drying reverberation, where it tends to add to the bitter side of the Force. Unfortunately, the price is quite blown due to the result
- [July, 2015] Together with friends I emptied a bottle with bottling stamp 24.12.2012 that I bought for 70 Euro in June, 2015.
In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 87,5. My notes state a delicate and nicely balanced dram that is dangerously quaffable...