- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Batch 001
- 58.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 22 Jan 2013 8:02 am
25 × in wishlist
272 × member ratings
491 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glengoyne Cask Strength
30 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.80 points
- Nose: ripe fruit, touch of grapes, then gradually deep wine. Very ripe for his age. Warm, creamy, sugar already. We feel the power to come. In the mouth, attack ultra frank. Spices and fruits. But it's a little too strong! First addition of water: More creamy on the nose. A touch of citrus? Intense mouth but we recover additional fruits that persist in the final which is long. Second addition of water: cooler on the nose and the malt is finally revealed. Always a lot of spices and a nice length. Enthusiasm 4/5
- I opened this whisky at a little below room temperature and tasted it. Afterwards, I heated it a bit with my hands.
It is a lot like a Glengoyne 10, but it is at the same time deeper and younger, especially in taste. I added about a teaspoon of water to 1,5 cl of whisky, because it was a bit too harsh. Then, i added ½ teaspoon to 1 cl.
Fruity, green apples, sherry. Later; intense but soft caramel and maltiness. Perhaps a bit bananas.
After adding the water, the caramel just outright explodes and a lot of vanilla comes through.
What a sherry bomb! And a lot of oak, too. The alcohol burns quite a bit, even when cool. Second sip is a bit smoother, revealing fruity notes of apple and apricot.
After adding water, the same flavours persist, but are clearer because the alcohol doesn't steal the attention. There's a bit more green apples.
After adding the last bit of water, it is almost exactly like the standard Glengoyne 10 YO - who would've thought ;-)
Sherry, oak, grapes. It reminds me a lot of a standard Glengoyne 10 year old, but the finish i long. At least a full minute of dry sherry sitting on the tongue. After adding water, no noticeable difference.
- Sherry, nutty, the spicy, not so fruity variety (bouillon cubes, in a good way). A nice whisky.
- A: vinnyy.suhoy.suhoe derevo.ne lot of perfume.karton.yabloko.22 B: bright.fruit and tree.p. p.21 P: medium. Warming. Hot pepper. 23 B: 21 Q: a good powerful finish.
- Good malt; but young;
Toffee, malt, sherry, in the background red fruits, alcoholic;
Fruity, spicy, strong, nutty, malty, toffee, red (candied) cherries;
Warming, good portion oak, spicy;
- Excellent money / value ratio whisky with a nice
sweet / spicy proportions.
Sherry, waxy apple and pear, raisin,
toffee and must basement
Powerful. Sweet sherry, apple and grape,
pepper and tannic oak. Macallan's Golden Promise.
Medium length, sour, spicy
- A very good whisky for it's price.
A bit young, but not disturbingly. Pear, toffeed apple, raisin, vanilla, wood, dunnage warehouse. Overall it's fruity, has it's sherry influence and this slight musty side.
Nice strength, rather sweet. Raisin, pepper, grape seed, ginger and vanilla.
Raisin, pepper, ginger, polished wood, dunnage warehouse.