- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Batch 001
- 58.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 22 Jan 2013 8:02 am
21 × in wishlist
253 × member ratings
482 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glengoyne Cask Strength
28 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.88 points
- Nose: ripe fruit, touch of grapes, then gradually deep wine. Very ripe for his age. Warm, creamy, sugar already. We feel the power to come. In the mouth, attack ultra frank. Spices and fruits. But it's a little too strong! First addition of water: More creamy on the nose. A touch of citrus? Intense mouth but we recover additional fruits that persist in the final which is long. Second addition of water: cooler on the nose and the malt is finally revealed. Always a lot of spices and a nice length. Enthusiasm 4/5
- Sherry, nutty, the spicy, not so fruity variety (bouillon cubes, in a good way). A nice whisky.
- A: vinnyy.suhoy.suhoe derevo.ne lot of perfume.karton.yabloko.22 B: bright.fruit and tree.p. p.21 P: medium. Warming. Hot pepper. 23 B: 21 Q: a good powerful finish.
- Good malt; but young;
Toffee, malt, sherry, in the background red fruits, alcoholic;
Fruity, spicy, strong, nutty, malty, toffee, red (candied) cherries;
Warming, good portion oak, spicy;
- Excellent money / value ratio whisky with a nice
sweet / spicy proportions.
Sherry, waxy apple and pear, raisin,
toffee and must basement
Powerful. Sweet sherry, apple and grape,
pepper and tannic oak. Macallan's Golden Promise.
Medium length, sour, spicy
- A very good whisky for it's price.
A bit young, but not disturbingly. Pear, toffeed apple, raisin, vanilla, wood, dunnage warehouse. Overall it's fruity, has it's sherry influence and this slight musty side.
Nice strength, rather sweet. Raisin, pepper, grape seed, ginger and vanilla.
Raisin, pepper, ginger, polished wood, dunnage warehouse.
- Despite carrying no age statement, this very enjoyable cask-strength Glengoyne doesn’t nose or feel too young or rushed, which is always a good sign. A light distillate meets good-quality ex-sherry casks (with European oak dominating the style) creating a powerful, not too dry and not too sweet whisky you can tune to your own preferences depending on the amount of water you add. Rating: 85/100
Full review: https://maltklaus.net/dailydram/2017/03/08/tasting-glengoyne-cask-strength-batch-1-nas/