- Single Malt
- That Boutique-y Whisky Company (TBWC)
- Bottling serie
- Batch 1
- Number of bottles
- 55.4 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- Added on
- 28 Jan 2013 2:09 pm
5 × in wishlist
23 × member ratings
38 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Secret Distillery #1 TBWC
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.29 points
- Unfortunately this one was really not to my liking - it doesn't matter if they wrote which distillery it is but I wouldn't believe anyway
Green fruits, rather grassy, malty, spices
Punchy, oily, creamy, vanilla, dry wood
Medium long, a tad bitter
- Nose: Tobacco and raisins. Cinnamon and fresh scones. Some floral notes. Baking spices. Fudge and caramel macchiato. Honey. Creamy caramel with fruit. Rich, rich, rich.
Palate: Surprisingly tart up front. Followed by big, dark intimidating fruitcake notes. Then some apple. Think a’bunadh meets amaretto with a wee splash of Southern comfort.
Thoughts: A neat one. Both in character and out of character at the same time. Like seeing this distillery in another dimension.
- Tasting Note by The Chaps at Master of Malt
Nose: Big, creaking oak and sherry on the nose. Hints of soft smoke, black coffee and dates. Very inviting!Palate: Rich palate entry. Notes of peppery oak and ground almond. Hints of pralines, dark chocolate and brandy butter. Very intense sherry notes. Spices develop.Finish: Peppery, nutty finish. Spiced.Overall: A hugely sherried, intense whisky - delicious.
- Quite ok with the tasting note of The Whisky Club, despite a finish rather medium than long.
Huge oak and spice notes on the nose. A little sherry, butterscotch and pepper. Black coffee and figs.
Dates and figs, pepper and huge sherry to the core. A little marzipan and allspice. Very rich and mouth-watering.
Medium long, peppery finish.
- Apparently, the distillery which the whisky has come from is well known for its independence and for its massively sherried whiskies (Glenfarclas ?!).