- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The French Oak Reserve
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- New Label (2011)
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 19 Jan 2013 10:41 pm
21 × in wishlist
183 × member ratings
542 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenlivet 15-year-old
39 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.61 points
- I personally found wood a nuisance, I preferred the 12 with more distillery character and fruit.
- - a good, solid 15 year old single malt
- significant increase compared to the 12 year old bottling
- for about 40 € a fair price for a delicious malt
Sherry, more wood aroma (oak)
Relatively little in the mouth at first, followed by fruit and oak (plum, dark fruits), very soft and mild
medium-long, soft finish;
medium-long, warm, sweet aftertaste
From the horse’s mouth, ‘Reserve’ [at Glenlivet] indicates that only a proportion of a ‘batch’ is re-racked – in French oak casks in this example – and the rest kept back, as opposed to ‘finishing’ where all of the batch contents is re-racked. In this case, 30% of the overall batch has been re-racked for two years.
N: Sour cereal mash and raisins.
T: Sharp and malty at first, turning decidedly savoury with a dry astringency.
F: Sour green with deeper oaky signs of ageing.
C: Though a tad tannic, I like it. 15 is a good age for whisky.
- A nice Speyside Malt!
immediately spicy oak, fruity, floral, some vanilla;
soft, fruity onion (apples, tangerines), sweet, beautiful spiciness, oak, nuts, oily, pleasant and tasty;
medium-length dry finish; great spicy finish;
- Much rounder and softer than the original Glenlivet 12. The French oak has imparted spices like cinnamon and ginger, giving this Glenlivet a soft 'christmas feel' while retaining it's freshness. It's nice sipping whisky, not too complex.
Fresh laundry(very glenlivet),vanilla,red apple, citrus fruits and a bit flowery. Later on notes of cinnamon and fresh baked bread appear.
Creamy vanilla fudge, grapefruit, stewed pears, christmas bread, ginger and a whiff of smoke.
Cloves, almonds, vanilla, caramel, oranges and a tiny bit of smoke.