Chichibu 2009

2012
Strength
18 Jan 2013 9:48 am

Whisky Reviews for Chichibu 2009

6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.56 points

1. maltaholic did not rate this whisky Connoisseur

By Serge

Chichibu 2009/2012 ‘The Peated’ (50.5%, OB, Ichiro’s Malt, Japan, 5000 bottles): 86 Punkte

2. DrinkingWhisky scored this whisky 81 points Expert Senior

Not very complex, and it seems slightly off to me. Maybe it needed more time in the cask to marry the flavours well. Some small sediment (cask sediment?) in the sample. Tasted 18/10/2016 in a line-up of three Chichibu samples.
      Peat of course, like an old ashtray. Something rubbery there as well (the smell of rubber bands on your fingers after you've been playing with them for too long). Once in a while a whiff of fish. Some vanilla sweetness lingering on the background. Smoke from the ashtray when you take deep whiffs of this.
    • Taste
      Oh, that's weird. The initial mouthfeel is completely off (feels like a very light dram), but then it opens up and releases a sweet peatiness, combined with the rubber bands of the nose. Getting better, it needs time to develop in the mouth. Seems that the flavours mix when swallowed.
      Warm and with the peatiness becoming more smoky, but dissipating quite quickly, which makes it a medium long finish.

3. Claudio + Cats did not rate this whisky Expert Senior

I opened only the 2010 Peated and immediately gave away the open bottle. He is too smoky for me. Therefore, I have renounced the opening of the last 2009 Peated and sold them. Later I came back to you like the maiden to the child. I sell that too.
    On Neudeusch: Ohhh, taste like ashtrays full, eat cigarette and others, the crass. Schmekke also wi exhaust from VW Diesel. Neme Blastiksak, suck these from VW, pure water, you have to shake, then drink any these. Is good if mer has eggs as Gurmee Geschmak.
    Still on Russ - Poln-Bulgari (nobody understands) Krpstcha brl klärpuki pla brrtrt tha tsa weljk ldkjrn kriptschik, blökh blööök, ess re tur. is zsigar dr köleüi öjnbuuü potski sovietsky polskyi obr thquk.

4. Peter(TTMC) scored this whisky 88 points Expert Senior

5. alectron scored this whisky 86 points Connoisseur

Single dram. Blind tasting. Regionals 2014_08
    Came 4th, w 7.83 pts
      peat, peanut butter, ozone, cinnamon, salty (86).
    • Taste
      oily, ash, peat, cinnamon (87).
      more ash, peat & cinnamon, vanilla, peppery, cottoncandy (85).

6. HunterRomario scored this whisky 83 points Expert Senior

I'm impressed by this whisky, because it's very scented in my scent, while she's disappointed in her taste. I had only a small sample that was from a whisky festival in a bottle that was only half-finished, so I do not know if she suffered in the past, I would like to thank her for the opportunity.
      Interesting mix of strong peat, delicate sweetish floral scents and rubber (those sweetly scented Mercury wheels). A very peculiar and fresh aroma, which together works great, I like this very much. After a long time, I identify another fragrance! (88 b)
    • Taste
      Peat, gum. When I first drink this whisky on my tongue, I feel something is wrong. The taste is thin, thin, flat, but sufficiently peat. I would not guess the strength of alcohol, it works weaker. For me, though there's enough peat there, it's pretty tedious. It's earthy, peaty and the rubber again. (78 b)