82.75/100
First Fill Sherry Butt
Strength
13 Jan 2013 9:35 am

Whisky Reviews for Glenallachie 2004 SG

2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.75 points

1. Tom na Gruagaich scored this whisky 80 points Connoisseur

Jelly pears and caramel sweets, dissolved in alcohol. In addition a few Sherrynoten. Without water great, but almost too strong, with water a bit boring.

2. Gloin scored this whisky 82 points Expert Senior

Very interesting. Tastes good. It is not that old, I think, at most 12 years, maybe even less, as already written 46%. I'm not sure if this is a Scot, that could be an exotic, maybe a German whisky in the end? I do not trust a specific tip, I'm too clueless about that. blind tasting Movie Stars Solution: Glenallachie 2004/2012 8Y, Sherry Butt # 900505 61.5% (!), Scotlands Glory. So a Scot and also from the sherry barrel. But that was definitely a refill barrel. Again and again, I realize that blindly I can only badly estimate the alcohol content. Except for the age I was pretty wrong. But that does not matter.
      Ui, extraordinary, vanilla, fruits, but I do not know which, and something that reminds me of rum. If I go too close to the glass with my nose, the alcohol is already stinging. Again. The fruit is clearer, what is that, just sweet, definitely sweet. And there's some spice, it could be anise. Very interesting and also very appealing. In terms of color it should be an ex-Bourbon barrel, but I would not be surprised if at least in a final maturation and other barrels / another barrel was involved. For the Bourbonreifung I somehow miss the citrus fruits. Although, the longer I smell it ... in any case, I've never had it in the glass before.
    • Taste
      Very fruity, almost like a fruit schnapps or a grappa. The spice lingers, but oak is noticeable. The alcohol makes itself felt, but is well integrated. I estimate 46%. At the second sip I taste pears and apples and honey. In general, it all reminds me of a self-imposed bear catching the mother of a buddy, whom I had drunk years ago. But the memory of Grappa remains somehow. Now he also smells something like that.
      Bittersweet, quite long and pleasant. Oak and again hard to define fruits.