- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Pure Malt
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 757 ml
- 26 ²/³ Fl. ozs. 70° Proof
- Added on
- 05 Jan 2013 12:12 pm
4 × in wishlist
17 × member ratings
31 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich 08-year-old
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.93 points
- A nice peek into the past, a touch of old bottle style, but not entirely different or superior. Don't even know if I would prefer this one over the new 12 if it wasn't something long gone. Worth a try but not a bottle at 180+ EUR imho.
- A detonating mouth compared to the classic nose. The 30 years of bottles have probably changed this whisky and the result is far from negative
Fresh, simple, a bit of hair. Essentially cereals and some fresh fruits. Slightly floral. In the distance, these metal notes, old pieces, workshop (grease).
Much more interesting in my opinion. First, it seems much more powerful than 43%. Then we find the OBE who has completely taken possession of the liquid. Copper piece, pencil lead, coal, pepper and very sharp floral notes in the middle of the mouth (roses for sure, can be peony too). Astonishing.
Relatively long, peppery and fresh at the same time.
- Rather floral/perfumed both in aroma and taste.
- Very bright, straw yellow in the glass, the green bottle hides the color. A real fruit bomb rises into the nose, sweet ripe fruits such as pineapples, mangoes, perhaps? I take a sip and am surprised at how fruity sweet this drop is due. Almost a liqueur in fairly long finish will hang this beautiful, well-balanced sweetness. At the end get a little woody spicy notes on the palate. No wonder Glenfiddich was able to convince with this quality the world and thus ascend to the best-selling single malt.