90.29/100
Strength
30 Dec 2012 11:24 am
ColoredChillfiltered

Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich 30-year-old

3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.29 points

1. lincolnimp scored this whisky 90 points Connoisseur

2. lincolnimp scored this whisky 90 points Connoisseur

Well whay a difference 10 days make, I have perservered with this one and have no problem admitting that my first impressions were wrong (way off actually) and in the days since can now appreciate what this is all about.
    I suppose thats why I like whisky, you can taste things twice and get 2 totally different reactions. It proves to me you have to work on it and educating your tastebuds, and yes I would definately now buy this again.
      June 16th 2013.
      Maple syrup, burnt orange, Christmas Cake & spice, rum & raisin, hint of cinnamon, toffe, treacle, plum jam.

• Taste
      Butterscotch, rum & raisin, cinder toffee, tangerine, oakey in a good way.
      Long, smooth ,warming.

3. lincolnimp scored this whisky 90 points Connoisseur

waited to try this for a long time and was really looking forward to it but nose aside I was underwhelmed and disappointed
    The nose is really good and promises great things but the palate does not deliver. This is at 40%, I have heard that the newer bottlings are an improvement.
    I agree with Willie JJ about the 18 being better value , I seem to remember that I enjoyed that more than this also.

I suppose my only saving grace is that i bought a 20cl bottle instead of a full one. With the differnce I can now by 3 full bottles of 18 yr at least, well 2 anyway.
      June 6th 2013.
      really excellent. on raisins, coffee, dark chocolate cocoa, burnt Christmas cake.
    • Taste
      burnt orange, Christmas spices, a bit nutty (cannot define) oakey, bitterness which is normally OK but too much here which I put down to the oak.
      medium long but nothing special.