- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Batch No. 2
- Calculated age
- 10 years old
- Sherry Casks
- 54.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 26 Sep 2008 5:12 pm
19 × in wishlist
148 × member ratings
270 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 1997 Vintage
20 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.12 points
- 86 Sherry Spring. Simple enough, but not bad. In the nose there is a slight frill.
- A lot like the 12yo CS Batch 8, but a bit more bitter.
Blind tasting of a sample from Kay Meertens.
Typical Springbank, sweet, a bit salty, oily, full and strong.
Full, strong. Again typical Springbank, yellow fruit, fatty, oily, little bitter
Medium long, dry but lingering. Falls a bit flat on it's nose.
- 20 20 20 20 80
young and simple, there’s nothing to catch on ...
- N20 P20 F20 B20
- Ralfy review 23: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5tNowspkTE (84/100).
"But I'm also getting at the end of this whisky a touch of fust. And slight tainting. No so good."
- very mediocre spring, there is no desire even to write in more detail
- Why pay this price when the 10-year-old is far better?